Does anyone NOT like Dabur Amla and Vatika oils?

bee

Well...I decided to try the Amla before I threw it out. I prepoo'ed with about 2 teaspoons of Amla and massaged it through my hair, concentrating on my hairline because it's always so hard. Then, I followed up with DuoTex protein conditioner and put on a plastic cap. I was going to sit under my heat cap but I had several phone calls, so I didn't. I guess I let the Amla and DuoTex sit for about an hour. I rinsed it really well, conditioner washed my hair, applied Olive oil for my oil rinse, and finished by combing through Silk Elements cholesterol.

What I noticed as I was rinsing out my prepoo was that my hair was extremely soft! The way I describe my washing experience, is the way I always wash my hair. My hair usually air dries pretty soft but the "kitchens" always feel sort of brittle when my hair dries. Not today, though. My hairline dried really soft, almost fluffy-like! I'm happy with the Amla experience!

So, I wrote all of that to mention that Amla was a good look for me and I'm glad I didn't throw it away. The scent of the oil is still lingering but hopefully, that won't last. Another contention that I have with the Amla as well as the Vatika is that I get some type of reaction in my throat that feels like I'm choking. I'm gonna try not using the Vatika for a couple of days to see if it is in fact, the culprit. I'm gonna try the Amla on my next wash to see if I can get a repeat performance.

Energist

Omgoodness my poor amla oil is getting bashed to the high heavens here :sad:

Well personally I have noticed a great deal of thickness after prepooing with it for about 3 months. I hated the vatika for a while, but have been using it very sparingly and it's alright. The amla doesn't smell good, but there is something in it that my hair loves, so it's staying in the stash for now.

bluwatersoul

I tried amla and looooved the results, but DH went on so bad about the smell (and he never complains about ANYTHING) that I just gave it up. I don't want to be paranoid about smelling in public.:perplexed

nadine1977canada

I don't like Amla that much because it simply did not work with my hair. I tried it as a pre-poo just leave it in my hair for a few seconds and then shampooing. Results: TANGLES !!!

I tired leaving it over night and the results,,, more tangles. I tried it sitting under the dying to 5 minutes... tangles and major dryness.

I wish that oil would work for me but it just doesn't:nono:. At this time, I only apply that oil on my ends as a leave in and that is all. I dont apply it regularly, just once a week that is it.

bee

My hair still feels fluffy, after two days. It's weird because by now, my "kitchens" would have that brillo pad feel. It does itch some back there so I'll continue to watch that area to make sure there are no adverse effects.

Has anyone experienced hair loss using Amla?

bbdgirl

ki tried it for the first time tonight. I usedmit as a pre-poo. My hair was either extremely thirsty or the Amla left my har feeling weirdly dry and brittle.I have to use it again to clarify my results. But it definitely caused tangles. My hair didn't come that well at all. I have alot ot new growth but no split ends so I couldn't really understand the tangles. So we'll see.

Prettyeyes

I happened upon Dabur oil while traveling, I hated the smell and didn't reallysee any results that was years before my hair journey so I might need to try it now. KNOWING what I know now.