Does anyone NOT like Dabur Amla and Vatika oils?

bee

I have both bottles--finally! The Vatika feels really good on my hair and I plan to use the Amla (Green), as a pre-poo this weekend.

Who does not like these oils and why?

Evazhair

I'll bite. I loooove Vatika, but I hate the dabur amla (purple) oil. It ruined some pillowcases, a brand new vikki's :wallbash:bra that happened to come in contact with a scarf I wore when I used it. Its consistency and smell is baby oil with a strong migraine inducing fragrance. I still have the rest of the bottle at my mother's house. It probably will get trashed. I do like making my own amla oil from the powder, because it is easy to mask the smell.

Affinity07

I love Vatika oil, but dislike Amla. I don't like the smell and don't know what it's supposed to do for the hair. I may try it again to see if I can get some use out of it. I see that a lot of people are using it as a pre shampoo treatment, so I may give that a try.

dlewis

I can't believe someone said something bad about my friend amla. She may stink but she works.

Browndilocks

Browndisha Brownie Sundae
I don't like Amla oil. It is too thick and it didn't do anything but make my hair dry, brittle and greasy.

Desert Skye

I dont like the Dabur Jasmine Oil. That stuff stinks to high heavens and it weights my hair down. I used it as a pre poo but the smell would just get on everything and I would stay smelling it for weeks. I've thrown it away since.

Cleve_gryl

I've never tried Amla since I'm afraid of the smell :look:, but I have Vatika oil...and honestly, I'm not a fan. It didn't really do anything for my hair that other oils were able to do. The bottle has been sitting on my shelf since last winter.

Gryphyn

I chucked my amla oil. I never liked the smell, and after awhile it became unbearable. Before I bought it, my Indian friend warned me about the smell, but I didn't listen. :nono:

Tee

I love Vatika oil, but dislike Amla. I don't like the smell and don't know what it's supposed to do for the hair. I may try it again to see if I can get some use out of it. I see that a lot of people are using it as a pre shampoo treatment, so I may give that a try.

I like the Vatika Oil but HATE the Dabur Amla. Stinks to high helz!:perplexed

I ordered the Amla oil from From Nature With Love and that is good stuff! (and it does not stink)

bee

So, not too many of you are in love w/ the Amla. So far, the Vatika has made my hair really soft. I can't say that it is different from castor oil, or any other oil I use in my hair. Maybe I want it to work so bad because of all the good things I've heard, that I've psyched myself into thinking better of it than I ought.

I'm really hoping for the hair color change. This gray is starting to sprout EVERYWHERE on my head! My "kitchens" are totally gray, but I'm digressing.

For those of you who like the Amla, what did it do for you besides stink?! (It really does STINK!!)

Anancy

I love my amla oil, i don't care about the smell because i use it as a pre-poo overnight.

I would never use it in my hair as a daily oil, its too smelly for that and too thick. But the thickness of the oil i find is great for my pre-poo's.

I use Vatika as well, i tend to use it daily but im not quite sure how great it is, it probably does just the same as some other oils like Cleve-gryl mentioned.

cmw45

OMG I HATE abousolutely HATE Dabur Alma Oil...it literally sits on top of my head...I'm actually giving it away to a woman on the fourm because she has wanted to try it. This oil was worse for me than coconut oil...which I also dislike. It just sits on top of my hair...as does jaoboa oil. :sad:

On the contrary...my natural hair loves Wild Growth Oil and Shea Butter (oil when it's melted)! My hair sucks this stuff right up!

ETA: My hair also hated castor oil...but I might give this Vataki oil a shot!

Last edited:

hot_pepper96

I hated the Amla Oil. It made my hair hard and shed when I used it as a pre-treatment. I hated it so much that dumped the rest down the sink.

The Vatika Oil...I'm not sure what it does. I've tried using it on my edges to see if it will help them grow in, but it seems to cause little broken hairs to come off just like BT did (even if I moisturized first). I just don't think these two oils work for me.

Last edited:

sunshinebeautiful

I dont like the Dabur Jasmine Oil. That stuff stinks to high heavens and it weights my hair down. I used it as a pre poo but the smell would just get on everything and I would stay smelling it for weeks. I've thrown it away since.

I tried Jasmine Oil too. The smell is quite strong and perfumey. But I tried it as an oil rinse a couple of times and it did my hair good. I tried not to use a lot and rinsed, rinsed, rinsed to minimize the smell. Reminds me of old lady's perfume almost.

I like Vatika Oil. I use it as a pre-poo. Haven't tried Amla yet.

imstush

I have a love/hate relationship with amla. Vatika oil I love. Bu the amla....if I use it on dry hair, it is just too greasy...but it does make my curls pop. I recently discovered that I prefer to use a tiny bit for oil rinse. If I use too much it's a bytch trying to wash out.

pazyamor

I have the Vatika oil and it smells too! And I think I need to get using it down to a science, because I used it as my oil rinse, and it really didn't leave my hair feeling hydrated and soft like EVOO did. I think I used to little.

tuffCOOKiE

The Dabur Amla Oil is NOT a good look and its not even the smell that I'm going to talk about.

-First of all, it had the consistency of baby oil like one of the ladies noted here.
-Secondly, it didnt penetrate my hair when it was wet. It also didnt penetrate when it was dry. Mind you I left the oil in my hair overnight both times.
-I used it also as an oil rinse and it made my hair greasy when I was rollersetting AND I used shampoo afterwards!!

This is DEF not another buy for me. Maybe there are other Amla oils out there but Dabur's was not a great quality for me. I read another woman's post saying her Amla was thick- well Dabur's isnt- again it had the consistency of baby oil.

Vatika-

I like it! I used it in the same cpacity as the Amla and it outperformed on every level. Vatika oil is def anothe buy as a pre poo or in my oil rinses.

bee

Well...I don't think I'll try the amla. I don't need any setbacks. I'll stick w/ the Vatika a little longer.

iCandey

Vatika makes me break out (not as much as BT ) and it smells a bit (not as much as BT) not sure if I will buy again after bottle runs out