Do You Wash & Go? Post Your Regimen Here!

love this thread. I am trying a wash and go today!! Since most of my 100% relaxed straight hair is go, I think I will have a better turnout! Thanks for all the ideas!

Here is a picture of my wash and go. For those who wanted pictures of shoulder length or shorter hair- I did it today. Hope I get better at it and get more definition in the future.

I am relaxed. We can do it, too. :yep:

It really depends on how straight your hair is relaxed and what your natural texture is. Most relaxed type 3's have defined wash and gos but most 4's do not. When I was relaxed it looked good wet. It had a nice curl and wave to it after scrunching but once it dried it was a HAM. :nono: And I wasn't even relaxed bone straight. I always ended up pulling it back.

As a natural for my wash and gos I just wash with shampoo and then conditioner. Rinse the conditioner out, add a leave in and then smooth on some fantasia gel. That's it.

Last edited:
Delete. Couldn't resize pics w/o looking distorted. I just use whatever moisturizing cond I CW w/and scrunch it into my hair. I do it w/my head upside down, then let it drip dry and keep my hands out of it. I find the less I comb, the better defined my curls become.

Last edited:
Great thread! Ladies that wash n go do you detangle/comb in the shower or do you just finger comb?

My wash and gos consist of a CON shampoo (if needed), HE conditioner, a leave-in (sometimes) & miss jessies meringue.

Back