Do You Use AnY "Caucasian" hair products

Uhmm...I have never shopped for products paying attention to which people they are made for, and since I don't go out of my way to find a BSS or to the "black aisle" in the supermarket but just shop in the most conveniently located store or aisle that I can find, my guess is 98% of what I use is for white folk. If CVS has it in the hair products aisle and it sounds good or I've used it before w/o any problems, chances are I've got it and will get it again.

Of all my reviews, I would bet under 5 of them, at the most, are from the "Black hair section".

My hair's been up and down my spine (by style choice) and "their" products haven't failed me yet. :lachen:

It's ALL ABOUT INGREDIENTS. :yep:

Of all my reviews, I would bet under 5 of them, at the most, are from the "Black hair section".

My hair's been up and down my spine (by style choice) and "their" products haven't failed me yet. :lachen:

It's ALL ABOUT INGREDIENTS. :yep:

If i could thank you 10 more times ingredients are the keys to great products no matter who they are marketed twards.

With the exception of Giovanni, ntm & Aubrey Organics (GPB) I've not found any 'white' hair products that work for me. I'd like to use more 'white' products because I can't stand the smell of products targeted towards black women not to mention the gaudy packaging:ohwell:.
It irritates me that the industry doesn't take into account fragrance when when they formulate our products. Honestly would they dare market/sell the Aphogee reconstructor that looks and smells like urine to whites:nono:
Almost all our products seem to have a sickly sweet fragrance,
I guess since we're all so desperate for hair, we'll buy anything.

The Conditioner is THE STUFF!!

Ditto! That's my fave! Thinking of picking up "Paul Mitchell The Conditioner" as well since I've heard so many raves!

But yeah, it's really all about the ingredients and you learn that as you advance in your haircare knowledge! Good luck on your journey and be sure to keep posting!

I regularly use Sea Kelp Smoothing Shampoo and Conditioner by Freeman, I love it. I use it most frequent and with my ayurvedic powders.

I have got to look for this the next time I go to ulta.

Currently, I am using(using up I should say) the Lanza products that I purchased. I am looking to replace them with less expensive/local products.

I am glad that this thread was posted. I myself have been reluctant to purchase products that are not marketed for ethnic. I haven’t been able to get past SL. Since joining LHCF I now realize that it doesn’t matter as long as the product works good. Now using those products that I thought were not for me, I have never had hair so soft and manageable. I am sure there are others out there that think this way so this is a good clarification for them.

Currently expanding my horizons with Pantene, Neutrogena, Tresseme, and Suave. Of all the products I've ever used, including "black" ones, the best have been Neutrogena's Deep Recovery Moisture Mask and Tigi's Moisture Maniac Shampoo. I think the good stuff is just the good stuff, period.

"Ethnic" hair products are limited here anyway. Hard to find and expensive. Even if I do find them, I use whatever works. If I like the ingredients, I'm using it.

I'm starting to prefer "caucasian" products, I'm sick of having to go to a specific shop and paying their prices for so-so results..

I think my hair reacts better to "caucasian" products, as somebod said the ingredients tend to be better... I can also collect points on my loyalty card :p

I think that the last "black" hair product I used was Lustrasilk, other than that I don't use anything in the ethnic aisle. Its just full of mineral oil anyway.

I don't think I use "white" products either - I buy online from AA owned businesses like Curls, Hairveda, Kinky Curly, and I'm about to buy something from Darcy's Botanicals this week. I prefer to give these women my money than give it to a corporation that makes products geared towards "us" but not owned by people of color. I also use Indian powders like henna, amla, neem powder, etc.

Oh and I never thought Garnier was geared towards whites only. I used to use it when I was relaxed. Haven't touched a Garnier product in years.

Back