Do you notice that you have to wash your hair more often as a natural?

I would say it's about the same for me except in the summer. In the summer months I get sweaty at the scalp and I feel the need to wash my hair more. Other times of the year, not so much.

My relaxed hair was cleaner i barely used anything on it oil on the ends and thats it

My natural hair demands more product its thick bushy and wild and requires taming:whip: :look::lachen:

I think I want to wash it more because I work in a hospital like setting which has odors and I hate that smell in my hair and clothes. As a natural I don't wear fancy styles that require it to look a certain way so I'm open to let it get nice and wet. Plus I feel so free as a natural and like debunking the myth that we can't wash our hair more than once a month. :perplexed

Also, when someone goes natural they are inclined to focus on greater overall health. Exercising, eating right, vitamins, etc. which could lead to a stimulated scalp therefore you feel itches. Or perhaps the coils are tickling our scalp. :grin:

I would have to say its about the same for me....i washed my hair about twice a week when i was relaxed too....maybe even more than that(co-washing)....but it was bc it was actually dirty....but now that i'm natural...i mainly wash my hair to either re-style or to detangle.

...wait...are we talking about like "deep clean" washing?:look:...if so...then that stays the same...i've always shampooed my hair once a week ever since i started my HHJ 3 years ago:yep:...unless it was freshly permed or flat ironed then i'd go 2 weeks.

I washed my hair more when I was relaxed. After 2 days my hair would start getting dandruff, drove me nuts!!!

Now that I'm natural, I can a couple weeks without washing, with no dandruff at all.

I guess that I must be different. I always feel like the odd person out on this forum!

When I was relaxed, I could go up to two weeks without washing. Now that I haven't relaxed my hair in over a year, going a week without washing makes my scalp very itchy.

My scalp feels normal again after I wash it.

Last edited:
Back