Do you like the 'just relaxed' look/feel

HairQueen

Ladies

I spend 12 weeks stretching out my relaxer rush to my hairdresser looking like an overgrown bush cos i am so desperate to have my hair looking good again.

Then when I get home I wash my hair the same or the next day. I hate the way it goes thinner after a realxer, lies flat on my head and feels as though it will snap if i even touch it - the relaxer seems to take all life out of my hair.

Anyone else prefer the thick full feeling to the just realxed feeling?

HoneyDew

I prefer the thick full feeling. But, it often somes back for me after a few good conditioning treaments.

*Frisky*

I just got a relaxer this weekend and I am loving the ease of styling my hair every morning. I am wearing it pulled back in a clip but all I need to do is apply to the front and sides is a little NTM to sweep it back and put the clip in and I'm done. I do like to wear it fuller sometimes but not all the time.

MizaniMami

I really don't understand why some people's hair is feeling thin and lifeless. Once I get a relaxer my hair looks wonderful! It never goes lifeless unless I weight it down with oils or moisturizers.

Maybe you are using the wrong relaxer??

*Frisky*

MizaniMami said:
I really don't understand why some people's hair is feeling thin and lifeless. Once I get a relaxer my hair looks wonderful! It never goes lifeless unless I weight it down with oils or moisturizers.

I really wouldn't call it that but the relaxer I have gets my hair bone straight so my hair would appear thinner than it is. I don't have very thick hair anyway.

atlien11

I have to agree with MizaniMami. You may want to check your relaxer because your hair shouldnt feel like 'its going to snap' or that the life of your hair has been taken (just my opinion). But to answer your question, I love the fresh relaxed feeling. I am an avid Phyto Index 2 lover and my hair feels great afterwards. No dryness or Flat against my head feeling. Phyto doesnt get my hair bone-straight when wet so that may be a reason that its not deflated.

sylver2

MizaniMami said:

ITA!!!!!!!!!My hair looks good right after a relaxer, not at all thin and lifeless

MiWay

MizaniMami said:

I agree. Most relaxers left my hair thin and lifeless (and seemingly stuck to my head), but Phyto changed all that. No matter how much oil I add to my hair, I still have a good amount of bounce/body, which I never had before.

scoobygirl

My hair looks a little lifeless too right after a relaxer. And even though my hair is not thick, most stylist put too many prodcuts on it. I think my hair looks best about 1 week post relaxer after I've washed and styled it myself.

wadadligyal

I like the the just relaxed look. Makes styling easier. However I'm always anxious to see the new growth after a few weeks so I can check my growth process

Arcadian

I used to dread relaxing because my hair would be so limp and lifeless and just horrible. When I switched to phyto I didn't have that problem even using Index II.

My hair can't handle bone straight, so this was one of the best switches I could have ever done.

-A

beana

I just relaxed a few days ago and my hair doesn't look as thick but it actually feels heavier. My "perfect hair" happens around weeks 2-6, my hair looks so full and the roots aren't poofy. I rollerset my hair all 12 weeks, and while i enjoy the thickness of my hair at week 12, my roots look like i have almost 6 months worth of new growth and my hair falls funny

myco

beana said:
I just relaxed a few days ago and my hair doesn't look as thick but it actually feels heavier. My "perfect hair" happens around weeks 2-6, my hair looks so full and the roots aren't poofy. I rollerset my hair all 12 weeks, and while i enjoy the thickness of my hair at week 12, my roots look like i have almost 6 months worth of new growth and my hair falls funny

That happens to me too. It feels heavier because I I can actually feel it on my back instead of the way it spreads out everywhere when I've been stretching.

I like my hair best after the 2nd wash. The texture tends to reappear then without poofing up.

MizaniMami

marie170 said:
I really wouldn't call it that but the relaxer I have gets my hair bone straight so my hair would appear thinner than it is. I don't have very thick hair anyway.

Ahhh, I think I see what you are trying to say.

Maybe you should try to NOT relax it bone straight...

*Frisky*

MizaniMami said:

My beautician doesn't even leave it on that long actually. Maybe I only need "mild".....I use regular.

aileenadq

scoobygirl said:
My hair looks a little lifeless too right after a relaxer. And even though my hair is not thick, most stylist put too many prodcuts on it. I think my hair looks best about 1 week post relaxer after I've washed and styled it myself.

ITA about the one week after. (I do my own relaxers) But with one week's growth there is enough to make the strands stand up a bit

HairQueen

Hiya all

My hair doesn't go thin as such after a relaxer, it just doesn't have the full bouncy feeling I like until I have washed and deep conditioned it - its like it has less it elasticity.

When I relax I also get a wrap under the hood dryer which is one of the few times I do use heat. Maybe its this too, I dunno.

toinette

Tricking the president
MizaniMami said:

i agree, if your hair feels all flat and lifeless, you are either using the wrong relaxer, a stronger level of relaxer than you need or you are leaving the relaxer on for too long. also i ound that wrapping your hair is a sure way to get it to lok flat and lifeless. I just got a touch-up on Monday and I am loving my hair. I put my hair in a high ponytail with the ends wrapped under, so it looks like a tiny roll on top of my head. when i take it down in the morning, my hair is bouncy and still has a bit of curl.

HairQueen

scoobygirl said:

Yes! Thats what I mean:)

Lavendar

My hair used to feel like that too...plastered to my head and thin. I used Creme of Nature regular for years. I switched to Phyto II this year and that never happens now. The difference is amazing. I always mess up on my regimen after relaxing cause I don't want to wash!:)

~*~ShopAholic~*~

My hair feels quite fine, nice and silky w/lots of body. I do rollersets after fresh relaxers, or I airdry and then roll, lightly misting my hair so that it's damp but only takes 10mins to dry. I get lovely results and my hair is full of life.

Sistaslick

my hair doesn't come out limp and plastered anymore since I've been texlaxing-- but I still prefer my hair 2 -3 weeks post relaxer.