Do you have shiny hair without products or glossers?

kgard7777

If so please list your:

1.Hair type-

2.If you are natural or relaxed-

3. Do you see the shine on wet and flat ironed (dry hair)-

4. Have you always had natural shine or it happened after healthy hair. If so what did you do to get your hair healthy?-

Ms_Delikate

Yes...Please respond because even though my hair is growing and looks nice when I get it relaxed or newly flat ironed...It is seems to revert like a press that has gotten wet and my hair has been relaxed for years...I just dont get it.:perplexed

C

cieramichele

1.Hair type- 4a,b or something :ohwell:

2.If you are natural or relaxed- I was natural at the time

3. Do you see the shine on wet and flat ironed (dry hair)- flat ironed

4. Have you always had natural shine or it happened after healthy hair. If so what did you do to get your hair healthy?- it hapnd after taking better care of my hair. I deep conditioned...air dried or blow dried on cool. That made a difference. Thats before LHCF.

ETA: the type of flatiron and blow dryer makes a huge difference

Last edited by a moderator:

shunta

1.Hair type- 4A

2.If you are natural or relaxed-Relaxed

3. Do you see the shine on wet and flat ironed (dry hair)- Not really

4. Have you always had natural shine or it happened after healthy hair. If so what did you do to get your hair healthy?- To be honest, the only time my hair shines is when I put some kind of gloss or serum. But I also read that type 4 hair doesn't have much shine to it anyway.

caribgirl

If so please list your:

1.Hair type- 4 A/B

2.If you are natural or relaxed- RELAXED

3. Do you see the shine on wet and flat ironed (dry hair)- Slight sheen on wet hair, esp after rinsing with acv. I get shine with flat ironed hair because I would never flat iron without some sort of heat protectant (Chi or sabino) which automatically adds shine to hair.

4. Have you always had natural shine or it happened after healthy hair. If so what did you do to get your hair healthy? I never had any sheen before because my hair was severely dry. I don't get "shine" until after I apply leave-ins and evoo.-

Answers in blue, Kgard ;)

asubeauty

1.Hair type- 4a/b

2.If you are natural or relaxed-relaxed

3. Do you see the shine on wet and flat ironed (dry hair)- I don't really notice shine on wet hair, I assume that it will have some gloss just because it is wet. The shine I see after flat ironing or rollersetting probably comes from serum.

4. Have you always had natural shine or it happened after healthy hair. If so what did you do to get your hair healthy?- I didn't have shine before because my hair was dry. The only time I noticed it was after I sprayed with oil sheen. :ohwell:

doublejo

My hair is texlaxed. The only time I get shine is when I use John Frieda clear gloss mixed with Kenra MC. I follow this with a ACV rinse immediately followed by a cold water rinse.

plastic

1.Hair type- 4a/4b

2.If you are natural or relaxed- relaxed

3. Do you see the shine on wet and flat ironed (dry hair)- both / more so on airdried hair

4. Have you always had natural shine or it happened after healthy hair. If so what did you do to get your hair healthy?- I always had a nice sheen to my hair but I believe using henna once a month has added to that and made it super duper shiny

Ramya

1.Hair type- 3b, 3c (highly textured)

2.If you are natural or relaxed- Relaxed

3. Do you see the shine on wet and flat ironed (dry hair)- Yes. My hair is almost always shiny except for when i airdry then I add product to smooth the cuticle better. Smooth cuticles are key for me.

4. Have you always had natural shine or it happened after healthy hair. It's always been shiny but it's never been unhealthy so I'm sure health and shine coorelate.

Miss*Tress

1.Hair type-
3b/c

Natural

3. Do you see the shine on wet and flat ironed (dry hair)
Both wet and dry (roller set or twist out; I don't flat-iron)

4. Have you always had natural shine or it happened after healthy hair. If so what did you do to get your hair healthy?
I don't use serums and glossers, but henna and all the oils I use have helped with moisture; indigo deepens my hair color (black hair is *generally* shinier than lighter colors)

ShiShiPooPoo

If so please list your:

1.Hair type- 3c

2.If you are natural or relaxed-relaxed

3. Do you see the shine on wet and flat ironed (dry hair)-both

4. Have you always had natural shine or it happened after healthy hair. If so what did you do to get your hair healthy?-
My hair has always had a nice sheen to it but I like bling so I use henna and rinses to make it pop. I don't like using glossifiers and such...to much product weighs my hair down fast.

adw425

This questions brings up bad memories (smile) because I remember wanting shiny hair so badly before I found LHCF. It was the first thing I wanted -- even before length -- because my hair was so dull-looking.

I was using polishes and glossifier to no avail because my hair hates serum-type stuff. I achieved it after finding LHCF when I started adding honey to my conditioner and haven't had a problem since. I started adding honey to my condish about the same time I found out about moisturizing on wet hair and sealing; so, they kind of go hand in hand with me as I also went from having super dry hair to moisturized hair.

I am natural. The shine is always there on wet and dry hair. Some threads I don't answer in because they ask questions of a specific hair type and I honestly do not know mine. Here is a pix, though, of my hair hair down and the avatar has my natural hair up, both are with no heat.

Attachments

• NatHairDown.jpg
    NatHairDown.jpg
    4.1 KB · Views: 17
Last edited:

Nonie

1.Hair type--4A/B

2.If you are natural or relaxed--Natural

3. Do you see the shine on wet and flat ironed (dry hair)--When my hair's wet w/o products, what I see is a glistening from the water on my strands. I always wash my hair in braids or twists and so below is a pic of my wet twist (left and middle top) and then the wet hair untwisted (right and middle bottom).

When my hair is pressed without products (Don't stone me. It's Kgard fault coz she wanted to know :lol: ...but I promise I will not be doing this again), my hair has a natural sheen because straight hair reflects light more than curly hair. Here's a pic I took just now after undoing a braid section and flat ironing it (I don't use products on my hair so this is my flat-ironed hair with nothing on it.)

4. Have you always had natural shine or it happened after healthy hair. If so what did you do to get your hair healthy?--I don't know. I never really paid attention to my hair before joining the forums and then I have never really expected my natural hair to shine like my pressed hair because curly hair doesn't reflect light as much as straight hair. So since shine hasn't been a focus of mine, it's hard to make comparisons between my hair when healthy and when it wasn't. What's more, I don't use any products after I wash my hair, so all the shine one might get from products, I don't get. But I do think that the first time I actually noticed that my hair might have a natural sheen, was the first time I did an ACV rinse, which was proof that acidity closes the cuticle of hair strands. The cam I used at that time didn't take great pics but here's a pic of my no product wet hair a few years ago after an ACV rinse:

FlowerHair

Reclaiming my time
1.Hair type- 3b/c

2.If you are natural or relaxed-Natural

3. Do you see the shine on wet and flat ironed (dry hair)- I have shiny wet hair, but the few times that I've flat ironed (two-three times) I haven't seen more than a sheen. But that could be due to my non-existant flat ironing skills :grin:

4. Have you always had natural shine or it happened after healthy hair. If so what did you do to get your hair healthy?- I always had shiny wet hair, but it's never shiny when it's dry, it only has sheen. It can be more shiny with more product... :look:

MonPetite

If so please list your:

1.Hair type-
Tight 3c/Loose-ish 4a

Natural

3. Do you see the shine on wet and flat ironed (dry hair)-
Yes/Both

I had it when I was a young girl a natural and now that I've returned to it. Though it's not so much being natural as it is knowing how to take care of my hair. The Wash n Go/Cap n Go (see fotki journal for details) have turned my hair around totally. I get shine all the time now. I've only seen it curly...I don't know what it would do straight, though I imagine if it is strong, healthy, and shiny curly it would be straight also.

SimpleKomplexity

1.Hair type- 4b

2.If you are natural or relaxed- Relaxed

3. Do you see the shine on wet and flat ironed (dry hair)- Only when it's dry. It has a sheen to it. Look at my siggy for clarification

4. Have you always had natural shine or it happened after healthy hair. If so what did you do to get your hair healthy?- When it's moisturized and I don't use a lot of products it has sheen to it. A little oil or oil sheen will really make it noticeable. But my hair has always been slightly shiny. I dunno why?

Seraphina

1.Hair type- 3c (I think, but I'm not good with hairtyping)

2.If you are natural or relaxed-Natural for 3 years.

3. Do you see the shine on wet and flat ironed (dry hair)-I only see it when I flat-iron, which is rare now. When it's curly, it looks very smooth, but not at all shiny.

4. Have you always had natural shine or it happened after healthy hair. If so what did you do to get your hair healthy?-Well, it was shiny before I started stepping it when I found this site, so I guess it's a natural shine. But it was never shiny when I was relaxed. So, both?