Do you go out with your hair bagged or wrapped??

no I don't but I just BCed. Even when I was relaxed I never did. There's a woman in my work building that comes to work a lot with her hair wrapped with bobby pins. And she has nice thick hair. I'm not sure why she doesn't put in a ponytail.

I have short hair and I dont wrap. I sleep in my straight back style. I just oiled my scalp and took these pics so its not layin down like it would after an all night tie down.

I oil my scalp, massage, then find my part
ForumRunner_20120612_235008.jpg

I brush my hair back and tie down. In the morning my quicky style done
ForumRunner_20120612_235236.jpg

Yeah I've done it a few times, under wigs of course. BUUUUUT, I do wonder what would happen if I ever set my hair in rollers and realized that I needed something from the hair store or wherever. I don't think I'm taking out a full head of rollers, go to the store and come home and put the rollers back in my hair. Oh no. Not happening. People will have to stare because that's too much manipulation for my tresses. Sorry. *shrugs*

Wrapped yes...bagged no...I'm from ny and when I was growing up everyone went to the salon on sat and walked out with there hair either in pins on wrapped under a scarf for church on sun or school/work on mon...it was normal for me...
but now that I'm older and in the south I wouldn't do it, call me shallow but the only times I see women with pins or scarfs on is when Im in Walmart and they just look awful...dirty ripped ragged stained scarfs, pins that serve no purpose cuz there's barely any hair there to pin up, looking like they just rolled out of bed in slippers and pajamas... I don't want to be grouped in a category with the hoodlums so I keep my scarf in the house =)

Sure do. Twice a month. A with henna no less! I barely stay home 3 hours at a time much less 6 or more. So I plastic wrap it, put on a durag and wool cap, some good makeup and earrings then roll out.

Do I care if someone sees me? Naw. I'm usually like this hangin out with people, at the park with my daughter, at her school chatting with members of the PTA. it's great! lol They probably wonder why I smell like tea, tho...:look:

locabouthair said:
no I don't but I just BCed. Even when I was relaxed I never did. There's a woman in my work building that comes to work a lot with her hair wrapped with bobby pins. And she has nice thick hair. I'm not sure why she doesn't put in a ponytail.

Maybe she don't like her length....

Back