Do you flat iron at least once a week and still have healthy hair w/lenth?pics please

QueenNefi

Do you flat iron at least once a week and still have healthy hair w/length?

Do you flat iron and still have a healthy head of hair? Do you still retain fullness and length? Please post pics of your hair.

Last edited:

Ijanei

Re: Do you flat iron at least once a week and still have healthy hair w/lenth?pics pl

I did and still do, I flat iron my hair once a week after I wash and air dry. Will post pics when I get off work (dont have any on work computer)

QueenNefi

Re: Do you flat iron at least once a week and still have healthy hair w/lenth?pics pl

Ijanei,

I looked in your fotki and I see the growth. How long have you been doing the weekly flat ironing?

SelfStyled

There are many people who flat iron weekly and have have healthy hair.

Check out this thread for this link......

http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=428240&highlight=heat

By no means is my hair long, but I can finally say it is healthy. In August last year I cut my hair, I started DC'ing(with heat) and flat ironing every 5 days up until the beginning of April, and I did great retaining, even with a few trims, and I am a slow grower.

My suggestions for using heat weekly:

Good tools, did I say good tools? No$10 flat iron joints, invest in a quality flat iron, you don't have to spend a bajillion dollars either. You can get a good FI between $80-$100

DC every time you plan to wash(preferably with heat).

Monitor protein/moisture balance

Use heat protection

Never ever apply heat to hair that is not clean. Use heat that first day after your DC and that is it till next wash.

Take pictures often, that way if there is damage, you can spot it quickly.

Flat ironed hair needs to be moisturized and sealed

Pick your poison: maybe airdry and flat iron instead of blow drying and flat ironing

My hair thrived w/ heat.

Only reason I am switching it up is because I am in the gym so much now and I sweat so much. I still will use heat, but not as much because of my workout schedule.

QueenNefi

Selfstyled,o under the dryer for about 20 minutes before I flat iron. I use Keracare shampoo and conditioner. I follow it up with CHI thermal and CHI silk fusion and sometimes lacio lacio. I flat iron on a low setting- 273 (I turn the heat down every week and it still keeps coming out strait). After I flat iron, I seal with Jane Carters moisture creme. I've been doing this for a month and my hair has never looked or felt better.

I roller set and g
Thank you! Your information and the thread was very useful. I know many say heat is the enemy but it does not have to be. I learrned so much and feel better about heat styling. It's funny, I am using the same products and doing practically the same routine as one of the ladies on the thread and she has gorgeous long hair.

Faux

I retain most of my length and I flat iron once a week. It's healthy and stuff, but I think my hair would be thicker if I didn't heat style. I guess it's something I have to sacrifice. I did recently stop blow drying my hair so maybe that will make a difference.

Ijanei

Ijanei,

I looked in your fotki and I see the growth. How long have you been doing the weekly flat ironing?

umm for about 4-5yrs :lachen: I remember a time i used to do it about 3-4 times a week but that was before I started wrapping my hair at night. Now I only need to do it once

SelfStyled

Selfstyled,o under the dryer for about 20 minutes before I flat iron. I use Keracare shampoo and conditioner. I follow it up with CHI thermal and CHI silk fusion and sometimes lacio lacio. I flat iron on a low setting- 273 (I turn the heat down every week and it still keeps coming out strait). After I flat iron, I seal with Jane Carters moisture creme. I've been doing this for a month and my hair has never looked or felt better.

I roller set and g
Thank you! Your information and the thread was very useful. I know many say heat is the enemy but it does not have to be. I learrned so much and feel better about heat styling. It's funny, I am using the same products and doing practically the same routine as one of the ladies on the thread and she has gorgeous long hair.

Your regimen sounds GREAT:yep:! I totally agree heat does not have to be the enemy.