Do you bring your own combs?

hairedity

I want to get my braids edone sometime this week. I normally go to the braider's house and let them do their thang.
I've been thinking, being that this is not a salon, they most likely don't sterilize their combs. This comb that is coming in contact w/our skin/scalp.

1) Do you bring your own combs when getting a home based weave or braids?
2) would you find it offensive if I wanted to sterilize the comb that you are going to use on me w/some disinfecting wipes?

naturalgurl

I take my own comb. I wouldn't be offended, but most sista's...yes they would(be offended at asking to sterilize). I say bring your own comb and just hand it to her.

Last edited:

chosen07

i take my own comb...however when I was getting my edges done this last time, I forgot it in the bag and I sat in the seat literally having a mental panic attack not being sure what my poor hair/scalp was being introduced to...that was 4 weeks ago and I guess i'm ok. :)

i think the avg person would be offended...although if I was braiding, i would prefer for clients to bring their own stuff...

*KP*

I think it might come off as rude to insist she sterilise her combs and it would be better to bring your own. When I get my hair braided in Ghana they open a pack of new combs for each new customer and add the price to your braids (less than $1). You don't know who was in that chair before you.