Do We Have Any Pixies Here??

gabulldawg

I know this is the LONG hair care forum, but I was wondering if we have any short haired ladies around here. I'd love for us to have our own support thread to offer tips and ideas and pictures of styles that we do with our short hair. Right now my hair idol is Malinda Williams. I LOVE her hair. She even has youtube tutorials and encourages women to take charge of their own hair and not rely on stylists.

I cut my hair a couple of months ago and am loving it. I originally shaved my sides low to a fade, so I'm in the process of growing them out. They are not quite as long as I would like but it's close. I love how quick and easy it is to do my hair! I can wash, dry, and style my hair in less than an hour! Which is great because I workout almost daily and can wash my hair multiple times a week with little hassle. I use a lot less product. It's great!

I really hope we can get this thread started! Please share, ladies!

bhndbrwneyes

I would suggest renaming the thread to "Short/Pixie Hair Cut Support Thread" because it sounds exactly like the thread "Anyone here have a pixie haircut?" which I saw you commented on. Otherwise, people might get confused where to post for support/pics. Etc.

iVR

You might want to try the TWA support thread because that's what this sounds like...

gabulldawg

I would suggest renaming the thread to "Short/Pixie Hair Cut Support Thread" because it sounds exactly like the thread "Anyone here have a pixie haircut?" which I saw you commented on. Otherwise, people might get confused where to post for support/pics. Etc.

Thank you for the idea. How do I change the title?

You might want to try the TWA support thread because that's what this sounds like...

Thank you for the idea. I'll check out the thread. I just assumed twa thread was for people who cut their hair to go natural.

iVR

Nevermind you're correct lol. I never read the first page of the TWA support thread and missed the newly natural thing. :D

pink gator

That TWA Support thread looks as if it's for natural hairstyles.

*marks spot in case the Pixie thread materializes*

danniegirl

im here i cut my hair last week tapered/faded it but my hair is natural i saw the other pixie cut thread and thought it was for permed cuts

im trying to upload a pic since yesterday my phone is a hot mess i cant even forward the pic to my email im going to try again now

Last edited:

JerriBlank

Why did I come in here? Lemme go before yall post more pics and I do something I'll regret! Ugh,I love pixie cuts!:-(

BlueEra

I'm a pixie over here. I've been rocking the short cut for almost five years now. When I originally joined the forum seven years ago I was trying to obtain long hair, but after a few years I said forget it and chopped it off into a cute pixie style. I found the best stylist ever and he was so creative with my cuts and styles. I love having short hair because I can experiment with a wider range of styles, and I've even colored my hair a few times....something that I had never done with longer hair. I even rocked an Amber Rose low cut for several months.

The only issue I have with my hair being short is that I have to relax my sides and the back of my hair regularly in order to keep my hair laid down and neat. My hair is too kinky and too low on the sides and in the back for me to get away with it not being chemically straightened.

I've decided recently to grow my hair out again and go natural this time, and I've been doing a lot of protective styles. When I was growing out my hair those many years ago, I was relaxed, so I am hoping to have better results this time around. I'm excited to see how far I can go with retaining length on my natural hair, but if I get bored it's safe to say that I'll cut my hair off again within a year.

I'll subscribe to this thread because I can still possibly give input on different styles for others who have short hair or are interested in going short.

pink gator

WHOA!!!!! *falls back against wall*

THAT (and you) are GORGEOUS!!!

I recently cut my chin-length bob into a pixie cut. My stylist wanted to "jazz/update" my look and she did it for free.

I now get so many compliments about it and I'm told that I look better with this than the bob and that I should keep it.

I'm ambivalent about keeping it short like this but I'm into the mid-century/retro pinup/tattoo look and I'm missing my curly bob.

danniegirl

WHOA!!!!! *falls back against wall*

THAT (and you) are GORGEOUS!!!

I recently cut my chin-length bob into a pixie cut. My stylist wanted to "jazz/update" my look and she did it for free.

I now get so many compliments about it and I'm told that I look better with this than the bob and that I should keep it.

I'm ambivalent about keeping it short like this but I'm into the mid-century/retro pinup/tattoo look and I'm missing my curly bob.

aww thanks i love myself im going to go ahead and let it grow but im keeping this shape

gabulldawg

im here i cut my hair last week tapered/faded it but my hair is natural i saw the other pixie cut thread and thought it was for permed cuts

im trying to upload a pic since yesterday my phone is a hot mess i cant even forward the pic to my email im going to try again now

I think relaxed and natural pixies are ok. I've seen some cute natural pixies. Yours is BEAUTIFUL! :yep:

RegaLady

Nothing to add, but that I am jelly of you ladies with the pixie cuts. I have gone back and forth wanting to cut it all off, but have always come back to "not yet". My hair is a couple inches to MBL and many people who knew me when I had a pixie still prefer it to my longish hair. I may go back, just not yet.

Now, let me get out of here before I get some ideas.

BlueEra

danniegirl I really like your natural pixie. Maybe I could try out a similar style once I am completely natural if I decide to go back to short hair again.

danniegirl

@danniegirl I really like your natural pixie. Maybe I could try out a similar style once I am completely natural if I decide to go back to short hair again.

Thanks

if your going to do i say do it early before you get attached to your natural hair lol i didnt think this cut would be a big deal i decided on a Tuesday and went and cut it on Friday.

however it wasnt that easy i really felt some kind of way i love the look but i really dont know why i feel like i wasted 3 years of work to grow and care for my hair just to end up back to where i was.

like i said i love the look and i been killing it all week just fell some kind of way

gabulldawg

Bumping! I just wanted to share that I think I've FINALLY mastered the art of keeping a fresh pixie style looking neat while doing serious (and sweaty!) workouts! A friend at church gave me a wrap and I LOVE it! It works wonders. I had been hating the way my hair looked that I'd been thinking about growing my hair back out. But now that I have worked out the exercise issue I think I'm good!

PrettyBrownEyes

I'm a pixie!! I just got my hair cut a week ago, and washed it at home for the first time last night. I watched lots of youtube videos, especially Malinda Williams' on how to maintain my pixie at home.

I love it, its so freeing and sophisticated!

gabulldawg

BUMPING! :bumping: I just relaxed last night after a long stretch. I am now in the process of growing out the pixie. I am a big fan of the pixie, but it's just too much for me to maintain while exercising/sweating regularly. :ohwell: Anyway, if anyone is or has grown out a pixie I'd LOVE for you all to share hairstyle ideas.