Do I NEED to trim?

SweetNic_JA

i guess the one good thing that I can say about my hair right now is that i don't have split ends. I haven't trimmed my hair in months but my ends are intact. I don't use heat on my hair and when I do it's minimal. I just want to know if it's absolutely necessary to trim my ends if there is not and has not been any visible problems.

NO!! if your ends are healthy, i think cutting at this point is counterproductive. i'm really conservative when it comes to trimming though.
smile.gif

adrienne

Sweetnic, I agree 100% with Adrienne. If it ain't broke, don't fix it. If you're really concerned about keeping the hair healthy, you could just get sections, check for splits and do a light dusting. I am also very conservative when it comes to trimming
smile.gif

I totally agree with these ladies! If you dont see any damage, then trimming isnt necessary. I myself have decided to try the no trimming method until I reach my first hair goal and see how that goes.If I like it, I might not trim until I get really bored
grin.gif
. I have heard a few people say that trimming your ends causes them to oxidize and that makes them quite prone to dryness, splits and breakage. Im not quite sure what I think about that, but the NTM is working for me so far.

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
Armyqt said:
If you're really concerned about keeping the hair healthy, you could just get sections, check for splits and do a light dusting. I am also very conservative when it comes to trimming
smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree
smile.gif
I've been doing this lately at my work desk
laugh.gif
just checking the hair ends and dusting (if necessary) with scissors although I've been okay for now. Just keep an eye on the ends from time to time but don't do it if its fine.

I'm glad this ? was bought up. I got a trim about 2 weeks ago and I did a lil dusting last week, I'm doing this because my ends look like their bent in all kinds of directions, but from what I can see they don't look split, is this the beginning of evil
confused.gif

Back