Distilled Water Questions

Supergirl

With Love & Silk
Do you use the entire gallon?

Do you use it as the final rinse or for the entire shampoo/condition/rinse process?

Is a shower filter a better alternative for hard water than using distilled water?

Is Home Depot a place that sells shower filters?

I'm asking because my hair has been feeling dry no matter what products I'm using for that week. To answer my own famous question--yes I've clarified. I am wondering if my water has turned hard.

Thanks In Advance

UmSumayyah

I don't need to use the entire gallon... but I don't have superhair like you.. so you very well may.
I use it as a final rinse
Shower filter is definitely more convenient.
Home Depot should sell them, yeah. Check their website.
HTH

Brooke007

Member, Dumbledore's Army
Do you use the entire gallon? I sometimes use 2 gallons on a single wash day.

Do you use it as the final rinse or for the entire shampoo/condition/rinse process?
I use for the entire process.

Is a shower filter a better alternative for hard water than using distilled water? I think so. At up to $1 or $2 per gallon of distilled water, it's more cost effective to get a good filter. Plus unless you like to wash, rinse with tepid water, you'll have to warm the water prior to using, which is very inconvenient, becomes a hassle IMO.

Is Home Depot a place that sells shower filters? I would call them, they sell one, it's a cheapie and it's supposed to reduce the effects of hard water, the Paragon Water Systems Shower Water Filter, it's about $20.
I know they do sell a large selection of shower heads but they aren't necessarily shower filters so read carefully.

Supergirl,

I would say first try the gallon of distilled water to see if it helps your hair but you may have to get a water filter/water softener. I'm saying this because I just moved into a new home and in this area the water is super soft. In my old residence, my water was hard (I didn't realize until I moved
) but nothing, not even distilled water totally kept my hair from feeling dry. The distilled was better than the tap water but nothing is as good for my hair as the soft water I now have.

Good Luck

Supergirl

With Love & Silk
I bought a shower filter at Home Depot yesterday, but it doesn't fit this darn apartment shower had

[ QUOTE ]
Supergirl said:
I bought a shower filter at Home Depot yesterday, but it doesn't fit this darn apartment shower had

[/ QUOTE ]

Lynxdiva

I thought my shower filter at Home Depot wouldn't fit my apt. shower head either until I realized that I had not detached the entire shower head from the pipe. After you unscrew the actual shower head, there may be another piece attached to the pipe that juts out of the wall. Mine had a little ball in it that didn't allow me to screw the filter on. Had to use a wrench to get the piece off.

Supergirl

With Love & Silk
Interesting. I've already taken it back--but I'll look at my shower head again to see if mine would come detached like yours.

inthepink

Supergirl,

You may want to ask your apartment management to install the showerhead. I've done this several times and they never have a problem with it. I guess it's almost better to let them do it in case there are any problems.

Poohbear

Fearfully Wonderfully Made
For those who use distilled water jugs, Im sure it takes a lot of jugs to make sure the shampoo and conditioner is rinsed out good. How many jugs do you guys stock up on?

Ipanema

I bought one of those shower filters, and the water pressure was so low that I couldn't even take a good shower. Have any of you had that problem with the filters?