Distilled water is THE BOMB!!!!

localhost

Distilled water has become a staple in my regimen. I recently discovered how it can work wonders for the hair in between washes. I bought a jug of Arrowhead distilled water for $1, filled up a spray bottle, and *mist* it all over my hair (especially to saturate the ends) twice per day. When my take my bun down, my hair is like WHOA! It's sooo soft and silky! I only need to use a little bit of curl activator nowadays to lock in the moisture. Why didn't I try this sooner?

LABETT

I love using distilled water also especially after conditioning my hair.
I never want my spray bottle to run out.

AngelaP

I bought a jug this weekend. I already have a shower filter which has done wonders and I can't wait to see if the distilled water makes even a bigger difference.

plainj

I recently learned about using distilled water on this board. I did my whole wash/condition regimen with it (4 gallons)and I couldn't stop touching my hair afterwards. I loved it!! This week I did my regimen with my shower water to make sure it really was the distilled water doing the magic. Uhhhh!
I gotta get a water softner fast!!!!

pookeylou

[ QUOTE ]
SweetPea said:
Distilled water has become a staple in my regimen. I recently discovered how it can work wonders for the hair in between washes. I bought a jug of Arrowhead distilled water for $1, filled up a spray bottle, and *mist* it all over my hair (especially to saturate the ends) twice per day. When my take my bun down, my hair is like WHOA! It's sooo soft and silky! I only need to use a little bit of curl activator nowadays to lock in the moisture. Why didn't I try this sooner?

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow...that sounds expensive! Is Arrowhead a local botteling company?

lunalight7

I just saturated my ends w/ distilled water and sealed with pure unrefined coconut oil...I know what you mean about the "WHOA" girlfriend!!

localhost

[ QUOTE ]
pookeylou said:
[ QUOTE ]
SweetPea said:

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow...that sounds expensive! Is Arrowhead a local botteling company?

[/ QUOTE ]

Expensive? After double checking the size, I found that it's a gallon (I originally refered to it as a 'jug'). I thought that was a really good deal, considering that 16 oz bottles sell for $1.25 these days. Plus it will take me quite a while to go through the whole gallon since I only use it to mist my hair. Arrowhead is nationwide, and is a subsidiary of Nestle Waters North America Inc, http://www.arrowheadwater.com/aboutus/company.asp

But this stuff is gangsta! I think I need a water softener too since the difference between my distilled water and the shower water is pretty drastic. Thank goodness that I can safely use the shower water without my hair getting hard and breaking

localhost

[ QUOTE ]
lunalight7 said:
I just saturated my ends w/ distilled water and sealed with pure unrefined coconut oil...I know what you mean about the "WHOA" girlfriend!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Hell yeah!

pookeylou

I have bought it at Wal-Mart for $.49. I buy it for my Beatta Fish (he has to have the best
) I just dont tell him it's Wal-Mart Brand.

localhost

wow, here I was thinking I was getting a good deal! I bought it at walmart, too. $.49/gallon is definitely afforable if I want to start rinsing in the shower

An eckerd's is coming soon to my area, so I'll have to check that out, too.

B

ballet_bun

I'm just starting to enjoy the benefits of using distilled water on the hair. I love using a little distilled water on my ends, and then putting sheabutter on to seal the ends ...talk about silky. I sound like a broken record with the sheabutter!

Ballet Bun ...

Valerie

That is the only way, I can retain or get my hair longer, rinsing every day, is the key, also misting is also important. Myself and daughter have two different texturises of hair. She is 4a and when I braid her hair and she rinses, her hair seems to come out faster, however she mists her hair or three times a day, she is able to keep her hair longer in braids, also I have noticed it is very soft indeed. I have 4b, I rinse twice a day and mist and I have found my hair is very soft.

daviine

[ QUOTE ]
pookeylou said:
I have bought it at Wal-Mart for $.49. I buy it for my Beatta Fish (he has to have the best
) I just dont tell him it's Wal-Mart Brand.

[/ QUOTE ]

Cool!! You have a betta? Those are so cool! I miss Lucy and Amerigo. I should get another one!

BTW---I thought you weren;t supposed to use distilled water for fish but springwater instead. Okay..maybe I should save this post for fishgeeks.com......

Oh yeah and that's a fantabulous price!! If I find it for that price, I'll try washing my hair with distilled water too!

sweetcocoa

I'm on my 2nd year of distilled water. I used to use it in my shower as my final rinse only...but for over a year now I use it for my entire routine. I heat a pan full up on the stove, then mix it back in with what is left in the bottle so it isn't too cold for my shampoo. I lather up once then rinse thorougly with the 2nd bottle. I then condition and the only use half a gallon for the final rinse since I like leaving some conditioner in my hair. I use 2 1/2 to 3 gallon bottles. I buy it at Walmart(.49), Giant Food(.54)...where ever it's on sale and everytime I walk into a store...whether I need it or not...I just leave them in my trunk and take them inside as I need to. I also keep it in a misting bottle. Can you tell I love this stuff!!

localhost

That's great! This year, I want to incorporate it more into my routine, but I have a few questions before I attempt this:

How often do you wash per week?

Do you use the sink or the shower?

Does you S.O. help you hold the container and pour it?

longhairgoal

sweetcocoa, I remember reading your original post about distilled water when I first joined the board. I appreciate the tip. I also mist my hair with it every morning, and then add my ORS jojoba oil to my hair. It has really helped me to keep my ends in tip-top shape. I also get mine at Giant, but it's 99 cents where I live.

sweetcocoa

[ QUOTE ]
SweetPea said:
That's great! This year, I want to incorporate it more into my routine, but I have a few questions before I attempt this:

[/ QUOTE ]

I shampoo 3 times a week(more in the summer)

I use the sink, but sometimes I'll shampoo in the sink, apply conditioner, put on a plastic cap then take a shower(doing a mini deep conditionging), then do a final rinse with a picther of distilled water while in the shower.

I put the water in a pitcher...except for the 2nd rinse after I shampoo...I find the 'force' of the water coming out of the jug is greater and helps rinse out the soap quicker.

sweetcocoa

[ QUOTE ]
longhairgoal said:
sweetcocoa, I remember reading your original post about distilled water when I first joined the board. I appreciate the tip. I also mist my hair with it every morning, and then add my ORS jojoba oil to my hair. It has really helped me to keep my ends in tip-top shape. I also get mine at Giant, but it's 99 cents where I live.

[/ QUOTE ]
Girl, everytime I try regular water now I feel the difference immediately...my hair is not as soft and shiny.

localhost

[ QUOTE ]
sweetcocoa said:
[ QUOTE ]
SweetPea said:

[/ QUOTE ]

I shampoo 3 times a week(more in the summer)

I use the sink, but sometimes I'll shampoo in the sink, apply conditioner, put on a plastic cap then take a shower(doing a mini deep conditionging), then do a final rinse with a picther of distilled water while in the shower.

I put the water in a pitcher...except for the 2nd rinse after I shampoo...I find the 'force' of the water coming out of the jug is greater and helps rinse out the soap quicker.

[/ QUOTE ]

Gotcha! I'm gonna give it a go as a final rinse

plainj

[ QUOTE ]
SweetPea said:

[/ QUOTE ]

I wash once a week always in the shower and I also use a small pitcher--no S.O needed unless he insists on helping.
I think I'm going to try spritzing my ends and using the mango butter too.