Did my own braids yesterday.....

fancypants007

and they turned out very nice. I used tokoloyon hair and it took me around 5 1/2 hours to complete. I don't like alot of braids in my hair. Anyhow, when i finished i sprayed my scalp with surge and it felt so reinvigorating because my scalp was a little tight, (i did not braid tight) my scalp just felt a little tight in some areas, and the surge felt so good. I really liked the way it sprayed out of the bottle, targeting the scalp area, oppose to spraying all over the place. I will be using the surge everyday and i thought instead of spraying my braids with braid spray, (i don't want excess buildup) i will be using sta sof fro rub on conditioner every day on my braids and using some sort of concoction of hair oils, jojoba, castor mixed with rosemary, lavendar as scalp massage. I want to purchase a hand-held scalp massager but haven't been able to find one. I will do this everyday and hopefully i will get 2 inches by the end of February if not i'm hoping for 1". I keep you posted.

kytrona

That's great! I've always wanted to be able to braid my own hair. Did you use the Crown and Glory video, or did you already know how to braid?

fancypants007

Yes, i ordered the video from the crown and glory site. I am so happy that i can do my own braids, but i'm planning on taking the braids out of my hair for good, this summer and wearing my own hair but still employing the protective styles. My hair is getting so long (25 inches) but one side seems longer then the other side. I'm in desperate need of a trim. I think when i take my braids out in February, i will press my hair and then go to some place like supercuts or a barber and get them to cut off the dead ends. I'm hoping they will not cut any more than they had to. Braiding your own hair is not as difficult as you think. I remember this girl who could braid her own hair and i marveled at her. Now look at me. You can do it too.

Nessa

Oh I thought you were talking about braiding your hair with weave, it is so easy to braid your hair alone, cornrows is another problem....

nebula24

Fantastic!!! I want to be able to do the same over the next few days but I'm thinking about using human hair. I hope I can do this.

G

I've been braiding my own hair for over a year now..I just did it one day and it turned out great (it takes forever though!)..since then people have been wanting me to braid their hair but I declined so many offers for easy money on the side! I save a lot of money doing them myself because I would have to pay out $100 to $350 for those same braid if I went somewhere to get it professionally done.

miss_brown

You go girl. Congrats on braiding your own hair (I wish I could teach myself and save some money).

BTW, Surge works really well when you have braids because it makes your tight scalp feel better and increases growth.
It doesn't get any better than that.

cybra

Oooo, thanks for that info. I braid my hair all the time and once I locate some surge I will start using it. I hate it that we don't have surge in our city...I will call the distributors back on Monday. I hope they can send me out some. I will probably buy about 6 bottles so I can take some with me when I leave for Europe. I'm not sure if they have it there, but I don't want to take any chances.

prettyblac

Cybra I ordered off the web paynesbeautysupply.com that may be an option because I don't have the luxury of having a local bss in japan

melodee

That's great. I'd like to learn to do my own, too. Watch out for the conditioner, though. If it is a creamy conditioner, it can cause more build up than oil can.