1st time SURGE 14 user- my scalp feels wierd ! !

MsKibibi

Hi Ladies,
I just bought some Surge 14 and used a little to spray my scalp. I may be paranoid, but I swear that I feel like it's doing something? Do you experience that?

Can Surge lead to itchy scalp? or give you dandruff?

Also, anyone out there use surge w/ individual braids?

If so, do you follow the same directions of spraying your scalp? I don't want any buildup on my scalp, since I'm trying to have the briads in for 6 weeks.

Thanks

bettydavis

I felt a tingling sensation the first time I used it, but it went away after the first couple days....I use Surge on my scalp everyday when in braids, with no problems whatsoever...I wash once a week. I have heard of some ladies having allergic reactions that lead to redness and peeling skin though, so be careful.

myspice

When I started using surge 3 weeks ago, I had individual braids and didn't notice a thing. I think it's because I was only doing cowashes for the most part so my scalp was still dirty. But after I took the braids out and thoroughly washed my hair, I did have itching. I even had a spot on my hairline that burned and now it really itches back there. I've stopped using surge for now, to give my scalp a break for a week or two. Then, I'll use it again but only in 2 week intervals. I have noticed my edges in particular have thickened so I'm convinced that it works.
I have a bald spot and for it my dermatologist prescribed me psoriatec. This also causes itching and burning if left on the scalp too long. It's a skin irritant and that's how it works. This irritation causes an increased blood supply to the area therefore increasing growth.
I think that the key is to not irritate the scalp too much as to where ithching or burning occurs but just enough to increase the blood supply.
I believe surge works the same way that psoriatec does!
Some people of course never have this itching or burning and some of us do.
I'm still going to continue surge but I'll only use it in 2 wk. intervals and then give my scalp a 2 week break.

Valerie

I also had itching on the first few days, but it stopped, I have my hair in kinky extensions and it find it great. Also after I surge, I used castor oil on my roots.

Taliah

And I'm Dancing...
use sparingly or it will burn your scalp. the direction say to wash your hair twice a day while surging. i tried that the first 6 days, then it became to time consuming. i have conrows now, and i haven't washed in a week and while surging for that time i had lots of irritation along my hairline and the sides. definitely from the surge. maybe using much, maybe from not washing hair while surging because of conrows???

MsKibibi

Thanks ladies,
This morning when I woke up I had flakes on my scalp. I know its not dandruff b/c I don't get dandruff so I think its the Surge. I might just use it on my hairline and my ends but not on my scalp if I still get the flakes after a week of using the Surge. As for using it when I get my braids next week. I don't think I will because I don't want to have a flaky scalp w/ braids. That won't be attractive. I let you know what happens after a week.
Thanks again

Wolftrap

When I first used surge I had tingling in my scalp maybe the first two times but then it stopped. I was also experiencing itching. I have started spraying the surge and using ORS oil spray on my scalp right after that. Now I have no itching and no tingling. I think it dries the scalp but if you follow with some oil that will eliminate any problem you may have with itching or irritation. I also condition wash about every 3 days.

Lee

I use Surge twice a week, as a leave in after washing. It has stopped my hair from shedding and keeps my hair strong and I have also retained length from using it. I wouldn't use it every day.

Queenie

It makes my scalp feel funny too. I don't know how to describe the feeling. I've used it for two weeks now and I usually spray it on twice a day. I figured the strange feeling was from it working. Most days I massage my scalp with a wide toothed comb and it helps my scalp feel better.

I can't tell if my hair is growing yet. It does seem extra thick in the roots now.

J

JenniferMD

I felt tingling when I first started using the surge, but it's subsided now. I didn't like using the spray with my braids because it caused irritation around the edges of my hairline (I have no idea why this happened).

mrstwisty

Okay, I am glad it is not just me. My scalp just "felt" funny when I sprayed in. I can't describe it either, but tingly, weird is all I can say. Hope this stuff works.

MsKibibi

I know what you mean it felt like something was happening to my scalp, and your right this stuff better do something. If the flakes still occur after a week of Surging then I might just use it on my end to prevent breakage.

PretteePlease

#fakeworkouts
hey i just got my 1st bottle of surge too. I didn't feel tingling the first few days but today i feel tingling i think that i may be going overboard with the spray though. i just heard too many good things....i think i'm trying to rush the process.

Adamma

I have been using surge for 8 whole days. I wash every two days and ponytail airdry. I have not experienced any irritation so far and I'm not seeong much in the form of change yet but, it's probably too early. I will be documenting my progress in 5 day intervals to see if there is a 14 day difference.

MsKibibi

Good luck ladies. I just washed my hair yesterday, surged and put some parnevu tea tree oil on my scalp, i'm going to see if i get flakes when I use the oil after the surge.