Depressing realization

UmSumayyah

I was doing my hair yesterday. As some of you know I chopped my hair up to my ears this past summer, the 3rd cut after a disastrous relaxer in Nov. 2003.
I noticed that my ends are hopelessly frizzy and rough, so much so that running my hands down my hair I can feel the difference instantly when I get to the damaged part.
I measured the damage, it is about 3 inches. The hair that isn't damaged is about 6 inches.
Which means that going to that stylist I lost EVERY INCH OF HAIR THAT I HAD! (it was about an inch past my shoulders when I went to the JCP salon). ALL that progress and hard work up in flames.

Let that be a lesson to you: You are safer just doing your own hair! (Congrats to those of you that have found good stylists. But I will not be risking my precious strands EVER again.)

Don't ever go to Bettie at the JC Penney Salon in the Fair Oaks Mall in northern VA.

Um, I'm so sorry for your loss. I have been there, at the hands of a stylist. I tried doing my own relaxer and it was not easy for me, so I make the 3 hour trip to NYC, however I visit with my mother while I'm there.

If you are able to take care of your hair, by all means go for it. There is nothing worse than paying someone to scalp you bald!

I am so sorry to hear that. I know that you are upset by this.

I am glad that I am able do my hair myself. I have never had that happen to me since my hair is so resistant to relaxers, but I have gotten many scalp burns. It's sad that we have to be so weary of the professionals.

Maybe you could baby it back to health.

do a protein treatment, deep condition and keep the ends moisturised.

And most of all dont keep thinking about it ..sometimes your hair just needs a bit time alone !!

It is nice when you can do your own hair. And I'd like to add that I don't know anyone who has a had a good experience at a JC Penney salon, including myself.

Back