Deep Conditioner + Clear Rinse= Silky Sexy Hair

Aggie

Hmmm, looks like I will be purchasing some clear rinse soon. Thanks for the idea MissBermuda.

PuffyBrown

Sounds good. I will definately try it.

Has anyone ever added clear rinse / cellophane to their deep conditioner?

My cousin said that her hair stylist does this for treatments (which I assume is followed with time spent under the dryer / steamer), and her hair always looks so silky, smooth, shiny & healthy.

I will definitely be trying this next weekend!

Aggie

OT...Hi sweetie..you hair is looking awesome in your avatar!!

Hey precious!! Thank you so much honey. That was my nice litle short wig I was wearing for the WIG 2008 challenge. I can't even find that style anymore:nono: and I really love that wig too. I am still looking for something similar to replace it.

TemiLnd

I have done this and it comes out great. It is still soft with lots of slip.
I do prefer to do it seperately though cos the shine is much stronger.

JerriBlank

jazzing sucks. i hate there colors so i know i wouldnt dare try the clear. when i had red hair jazzzings red rinse left me pumpkin orange
The jazzing clear rinse blows as well:yep:
It leaves my hair hard and breaking.The KISS brand is cheaper and works way better,imo:yep:

tiffers

Whisper "bleep boop" to yourself when you're sad.
Since reading this thread, I've tried it and I'm ADDICTED!!!! :yay:

My hair comes out soooo soft; silky and slippery! I mix Beyond The Zone Color Jamz Clear Shine rinse from Sally's and mix it with GVP Conditioning Balm. Dc with heat for an hour. Heaven :love3:

kelleigh

What brand clear rinse does your cousin's sytlist use? I used Clairol Shine Happy and it made my hair feel like straw. After that, I swear off the clear rinses.

I'm sure the deep conditioning will help, even though I'm still a little gun shy. If anyone else has any clear rinse brands that they recommend, I'm all ears.

taj

I'm on to something new now...I'm trying this!!!! I usually apply a black or clear rinse separately. I:heart2:the jet black silky look.:gorgeous:

A856

***bumping***

with questions.....

how do you apply this?
do you mix the rinse and conditioner together and then apply to the hair or seperately?
what are the results if any when using colored rinses?

TIA!

vainღ♥♡jane

ღ♥♡honey chile♡♥ღ
I have the Frederick Fekkai salon glaze, but haven't used it yet. It is supposed to work like a clear rinse, but it is creamy in consistency. I'd love to try mixing it with a favorite conditioner and seeing how it works out.

Anyone who tries this, please update us. :)

I tried the Fekkai salon glaze, it worked great on my hair! I love the shine. I did it at the same time i was dc'ing, and it worked just fine.

vainღ♥♡jane

ღ♥♡honey chile♡♥ღ
***bumping***

with questions.....

how do you apply this?
do you mix the rinse and conditioner together and then apply to the hair or seperately?
what are the results if any when using colored rinses?

TIA!

i applied my conditioner to my hair and then i put in the rinse. it came out evenly with the clear gaze, and when i did a color rinse.

~*~ShopAholic~*~

I was thinking the same thing, LOL, she has nice shine. I can see me trying this, anything to minus a step. They are making conditioners now with color in them to help keep the color fresh I'm sure this won't hurt.
if your hair gets any shiner you will blind people walking down the streets! I love it though!

I wanna try this too.

empressri

i bought it tonight! though it says to use after conditioning...id love to mix it in the deep condish and bang it out together.

empressri

so i used my redken all soft heavy cream (gawd i forgot how good this stuff is) and put the glaze over on top of the hair with the condish in. bah, im lazy lol

skipper

im glad i saw this thread i forgot i had a bit of john frieda clear glaze left over and i used on my hair this evening.

Do you know which one your cousin uses? I have tried Jazzings but I was not impressed.

What!:eek: This is the one I use. I forgot about this. Next time straighten my hair I will do a clear rinse and a deep condition. The conditioner helps the rinse adhere to the hair shaft/ fiber. My stylist use to do this all the time and that what she told me and my hair always turn out so shiny.

Last edited:

xcuzememiss

im going to try this today with Keracare humecto (thicker formula) with my Adore clear rinse.. then I'll get a wash and set!

topnotch1010

Real Housewife of Houston
I use color glazes ALL the time, then I deep condition under the steamer seperately. I get compliments all the time on my color. It's the glaze that's making it pop.

curlicarib

Lovin'' All of Me
I use John Frieda Clear Glaze everytime I wash/co-wash. it's absolutely fantastic! The pH is about 3.5, so I use it to close my cuticles. I haven't tried it in my DC yet, but I want to. I may try it this weekend.