Dealing With Tangle Close To Scalp

Lia3257

Dealing With Tangles Close To Scalp

Hi all!

I am currently dealing with post partum shedding and am getting crazy tangles close to my scalp. I think it is a mix of the excess shedding combined with shrinkage that is causing the tangles/knots.

Have any of you been through this? I have to detangle almost daily, which would be okay if it didn't make my scalp so sore.

Any tips?

I'm natural BTW.

TIA

Last edited:

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
Ive been through it 4 times. Are u natural or relaxed? It seemed worse as a natural, because my kinks would knot up anywhere on the strand depending on where the shed hair got caught. I found that detangling with my fingers on dry hair was the best way to remove shed hair while avoiding breakage. Also hide your hair for a while and take garlic or msm.

Lia3257

Ive been through it 4 times. Are u natural or relaxed? It seemed worse as a natural, because my kinks would knot up anywhere on the strand depending on where the shed hair got caught. I found that detangling with my fingers on dry hair was the best way to remove shed hair while avoiding breakage. Also hide your hair for a while and take garlic or msm.

I'm natural and thanks, I will look into the MSM!

divachyk

Instagram: adaybyjay
I'm relaxed but Mane n Tail detangler is awesome. Hawaiian Silky 14 n 1 is excellent as well. I've read that some have removed dreads with Hawaiian Silky. I know firsthand it can combat horrible tangles. Been there before.

DarkJoy

Bent. Not Broken.
I'm natural 4c.

I recommend doing oil rinses. Basically, use hot ceramide oils on your hair before a DC, then put the DC on top and let that sit as long as you keep the DC in.

I dont really have probs with mats and tangles anymore unless I neglect that step.

snoop

I'm natural 4a/b (c?) and I found that detangling then braiding and twisting right after helped. Also washing in braids. The shed hair wasn't able to travel as far down my strands as when my hair was loose.