damaged hair from color-lost my curls

DDTexlaxed

TRANSITION OVER! 11-22-14
My hair was really damaged from this color I used and most of my curls are gone.:( I don't know what to do with my hair now. Since sone of the parts are strait, it looks like I'm texlaxed. This look is not working for me. Please help!

Awwww, sorry to hear about your color mishap. Unfortunately color can make natural hair straighter. It seems like every couple of months something sets you back on your journey, thank God it's hair and will continue to grow. I say just leave it alone, try to enjoy your color, and maybe trying some braid-outs, twist-outs and/or some strawsets to bring some of your texture back. HTH's

Hopefully someone that has had this same issue will be able to give you more info.

have u used any heat since you applied your color? I only say this because after i put highlights in my hair last year, my texture did not change. However, when i pressed my hair, i had straight ends only on the areas where i put the color. But the rest of my hair completely reverted back to its normal texture. I attributed this to the permanent color dye already weakened the hair to begin with and placing heat on top of the weakened strands caused the damage. I did protein treatments once a month. But my pre-damage texture never came back. I had to gradually trim off the damaged areas little by little.

HTH, jasmine:)

I've been heat free for 2 years.:) My set backs are mostly my fault for trying to be cheap.:rolleyes: I've learned my lesson to leave my hair alone and leave the coloring to the pros! I'm working on learning how to 2 strand twist my hair.The front is still too short for me to twist going strait back. Fortunately for me it doesn't look horrible. I don't like it because I know how good my hair could look if I would just let it be. Thanks for the advice everyone.

I agree with doing the twistouts or strawsets. These styles don't have to be manipulated everyday, you can just leave the hair alone.

jasmine26 said:
have u used any heat since you applied your color? I only say this because after i put highlights in my hair last year, my texture did not change. However, when i pressed my hair, i had straight ends only on the areas where i put the color. But the rest of my hair completely reverted back to its normal texture. I attributed this to the permanent color dye already weakened the hair to begin with and placing heat on top of the weakened strands caused the damage. I did protein treatments once a month. But my pre-damage texture never came back. I had to gradually trim off the damaged areas little by little.

HTH, jasmine:)

I was really worried that my permanent color would change my texture. It hasn't changed the texture. I have to wait longer to flat iron my hair since I opted to color it.

Back