Damaged and distress!

Nyah22

My hair has been breaking constantly for he past couple of months. Well who am I fooling I've neglected it for too long and now I'm paying the price. I recently started washing weekly and still no change. I did the aphogee 2step protein treatment today and wrapped it while wet to avoid using heat. I need some product tips for SUPER damaged hair. My hair had always been so naturally thick and healthy but now it makes me wanna cry every time I look in the mirror. Please HELP ME

Ps. I have relaxed hair.... Thanks in advance

need your reggi as well as how long since your last TU? what bad hair practices have gotten you here specifically?

Since you have tried a protein treatment, I would now go with things that will provide moisture. One of my staples if Aubrey Organic Honeysuckle rose mixed with raw honey. If you find that you need to cut your hair by all means, please do any ends that are severely damaged. I'm sure other will chime in with other helpful tips.

Last edited:
Describe your DC process after using the Aphogee, e.g., what products did you use and how did you use them. Also, when was the last time you clarified/chelated? What type of products have you been using and how were you using them? How does your hair feel and behave when it's wet? When it's dry? Are you using a lye or no lye relaxer? What is your daily and weekly regimen?

I'm asking all of these questions because the solution to one's problems often lies in the details.:yep:

Just to add that the ApHogee treatment specifically says not to wrap the hair or cover it. You have to use heat on uncovered hair to allow for the protein to penetrate and bond to the strands. I don't suggest doing another treatment though for a while. I suggest restoring the hair with moisture and possibly doing another ApHogee treatment with heat later on.

My hair is natural and I'm fighting breakage as well.

I can't speak on buying a steamer yet but I think that will help me.
However, I did buy some Honeysuckle Rose by Aubrey and did a water spritz that I really like with EVOO, Aloe Vera Juice, Vit. E and a variation of essential oils. I spray the water, apply a cream moisture and seal with JBCO.

I'd say keep it moisturized and keep it bunned and see how that helps.
Did you test your strands to see if it's a lack of moisture or protein?

need your reggi as well as how long since your last TU? what bad hair practices have gotten you here specifically?

I have to get TU vert often I'm at every 6wks the last being 4wks ago. I'm trying to stretch to 8wks this time but my hair grows very fast and starts to break when I need TU :(. I'm new to taking care of it so I just started washing once a wk with the Paul Mitchell color care line. I highlighted it 6wks ago but it was breaking from before. I know bad decision but I really wanted some color.

I have to get TU very often I'm at every 6wks the last being 4wks ago. I'm trying to stretch to 8wks this time but my hair grows very fast and starts to break when I need TU :(. I'm new to taking care of it so I just started washing once a wk with the Paul Mitchell color care line. I highlighted it 6wks ago but it was breaking from before. I know bad decision but I really wanted some color.

Since you have tried a protein treatment, I would now go with things that will provide moisture. One of my staples if Aubrey Organic Honeysuckle rose mixed with raw honey. If you find that you need to cut your hair by all means, please do any ends that are severely damaged. I'm sure other will chime in with other helpful tips.

I just tried the protein treatment yesterday and wrapped it while wet so I'm unsure of how it has reacted to it. My ends are pretty good the breakage is mostly from the roots. How do u apply the honey treatment?

Describe your DC process after using the Aphogee, e.g., what products did you use and how did you use them. Also, when was the last time you clarified/chelated? What type of products have you been using and how were you using them? How does your hair feel and behave when it's wet? When it's dry? Are you using a lye or no lye relaxer? What is your daily and weekly regimen?

I'm asking all of these questions because the solution to one's problems often lies in the details.:yep:

Ok honestly until 4wks ago all I did was wash every 3wks or sometimes longer (hides face). My stylist uses Affirm relaxer and as previously mentioned I'm at every 6wks for TU. I purchased the whole Paul Mitchell color care line and been using for the past 2wks but yesterday opt for the protein treatment which for me was a last resort. My hair is very stringy when wet and very thin. When dry and flat iron it looks good to the naked eye but trust me it very thin compared to where I'm coming from. Have not developed a daily regiment yet... Any suggestions? I read that moisturizing then sealing with a natural oil is good. I did that yesterday using the Aphogee leave in conditioner and the Paul Mitchell color lock protection spray and sealed with Vitka pure coconut oil which is also enriched with henna, almond and lemon according to label. I wrapped it while wet so I still haven't seen the finished product yet however as expected it seems a bit dry... Will give more info once I release my wrap

Just to add that the ApHogee treatment specifically says not to wrap the hair or cover it. You have to use heat on uncovered hair to allow for the protein to penetrate and bond to the strands. I don't suggest doing another treatment though for a while. I suggest restoring the hair with moisture and possibly doing another ApHogee treatment with heat later on.

Sorry maybe I wasn't clear I wrapped my hair after the protein treatment so I wouldn't need to apply heat from a flat iron since when I just allow it to air dry hanging freely it would become dry and frizzy and I would NEED to flat iron it.

My hair is natural and I'm fighting breakage as well.

I can't speak on buying a steamer yet but I think that will help me.
However, I did buy some Honeysuckle Rose by Aubrey and did a water spritz that I really like with EVOO, Aloe Vera Juice, Vit. E and a variation of essential oils. I spray the water, apply a cream moisture and seal with JBCO.

I'd say keep it moisturized and keep it bunned and see how that helps.
Did you test your strands to see if it's a lack of moisture or protein?

Thanks for the tip. I think will definitely try and moisture daily. I'll have to see what this hair store has to offer but a lot of these items may be unavailable since I live in the Caribbean... Well Jamaica to be exact. I think the change in climate may be a part of this problem also.... Sigh

I'm new to this site do I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong. I didn't receive any further yet....

start off with a decent trim. next, start with weekly moisturizing deep conditioning treatments. afterwards find a good leave-in. following that, a good moisturizer and oil to seal. if you have enough hair start bunning. only use hair pins. not ponytail holders or elastics. i recommend Goody Spin Pins.

start off with a decent trim. next, start with weekly moisturizing deep conditioning treatments. afterwards find a good leave-in. following that, a good moisturizer and oil to seal. if you have enough hair start bunning. only use hair pins. not ponytail holders or elastics. i recommend Goody Spin Pins.

Omg! Cutting is a last resort and I thought that only worked for split ends? It's coming out in long strands so unless I'm gonna do bald I don't see how it would help (and that is not an option). I know I need to moisture ALOT bcuz of the humidity. Also I've tried cutting before and it didn't do much good :(.

Unfortunately damage hair can not be repaired, it can only be temporarily fixed. It is best to cut and start all over.

Because hair is "dead" you can only maintain its state or make it worse, you can not get rid of split ends and weakened strands through products.

Check this article out:
http://www.thenaturalhavenbloom.com/2009/09/can-you-really-repair-damaged-hair.html

Thanks for the link it was very informative. However the article said for natural hair so I'm holding out hope a lil longer. Also the beginning was discussing heat damaged which isn't my issue. I will try soaking in water to see if it helps with my lack of moisture issue and DC every week with an egg for added protein for the next month before I make any drastic decisions.

Back