Daily Shampooing caused hair loss ..HELP!!

alona

A few months ago I used liquid castile soap and Carol's Daughter Tui Intense Conditioner as a daily regimine for about two weeks. The result was ALOT of hair loss. My hair is already thin but it is extremely thin now. (It's still long, almost APL). I wore braids for two months and the new growth was significant but still thin. I haven't' had anymore thinning since the daily washing fiasco.

I am in desperate need of advice especially from those who have had hair loss due to something like this. Did your hair grow back and if so what method and products.

TIA

I could see how daily shampooing could be a bad thing because you would constantly be stripping the hair of natural oils...but...nevermind, I really think this is the first time I heard of something like this. What is your oil/moisturizing routine like? Where you cowashing as well? Did you deep condition after the washing?

How were you doing your hair after conditioning? Did you detangle every day? What kind of comb were you using? When you shampoo, do you pile the hair up on your head?

I think it's a bad idea to do a full shampoo everyday. I like to CWC daily. Sometimes I skip days, but CWC works very well.

CWC is basically saturating the length of your hair with conditioner, then only putting a little bit of shampoo on your scalp while the conditioner is on. Wash it all out, then condition again with a moistuizing conditioner. I hope that made sense!

from my experience, the castile soap is way to harsh to use daily.( I just left it alone completely) Left the hair extremely dry not to mention the build up. YOu may need a good clarifier and frequent deep conditoning.

Back