Daily moisturizer w/ hydrolyzed wheat protein= future protein overload???

isawstars

It's listed in the middle of the ingredients list... does that mean there is not enough to create a protein overload to my hair? I've been using it everyday because I'm using Mega Tek every day and shampooing 2x a week (DCing afterwards).

I've been moisturizing everyday for a little over a week now and I have seen no problems with hair. But I am still alarmed that there is protein in my moisturizer.

I am using Wave Nouveau Moisturizing Finishing Lotion.

Thoughts?

Dposh167

Dang...wave noveau has wheat protein?...i never noticed. I use it occassionally on wet hair. Ive never seen any problems with my hair. that ingredient mixed with wave noveau's other moisturizing ingredients could weaken its effect. So basically, its not strong enuff in that product tp completely take over and give u overload. However, it doesnt mean its not possible. But just continue what ur doing and keep aware of other products u use with protein so if something does happen, ull be able to pinpoint the product thats doing it

Neith

Wheat protein is a mild protein. Unless you have protein sensitive hair or the product is MOSTLY wheat protein, I don't see it causing any overload.

gymfreak336

No probably not. Wheat protein helps hair hold more moisture which is why its in the product. Considering it isn't in the top 3 ingredients, you shouldn't have a problem.