Daily Devotion, Daily Wisdom

baddison

natural for good
May 9, 2014

Devotional:

Even though I walk through the [fn]valley of the shadow of death, I fear no [fn]evil, for You are with me; Your rod and Your staff, they comfort me. Psalm 23:4 (NASB)

Death is the ultimate profanity in today's world. We don't like to think about it, much less talk about it. However, death is that one reality that will not leave us alone. We lose friends and family members to death. At one point in our lives, we too, will face this inevitability unless Jesus comes before our passing. So what is our assurance as we face the inescapable? Our Shepherd! He will walk us through, guiding and protecting and comforting us in our journey. And as Christians, this promise is only intensified because we know Jesus as our Good Shepherd, and he has taken the walk ahead of us to insure that our walk through death's valley doesn't end in death, but in glory.

Prayer:
Dear Heavenly Father, my Shepherd and Savior, thank you that I do not have to face death alone. I look for your guidance and listen for your voice to lead me through death's dark valley and bring me to your holy and glorious presence in victory and with joy. In Jesus' name I confidently pray. Amen.

Wisdom:

Make sure that your character is free from the love of money, being content with what you have; for He Himself has said, “I WILL NEVER DESERT YOU, NOR WILL I EVER FORSAKEYOU,” Hebrews 13:5 (NASB)

baddison

natural for good
May 10, 2014

Devotional:

For the anxious longing of the creation waits eagerly for the revealing of the sons of God. Romans 8:19 (NASB)

Eagerly waits! Don't you just love that idea! Sounds like an oxymoron. It's not. Think of a groom waiting for his bride to come down the aisle. Imagine parents of a child that is due to be born. Remember what it was like as a child waiting for Christmas morning. Eagerly waits! That's what creation, so caught up with decay, disaster, and death, is doing! And what is creation waiting for so eagerly? Our transformation and revelation as God's triumphant and glorious children. Sounds pretty wonderful for a time and world like ours.

Prayer:
O LORD, God of all creation and source of all redemption, I long for the day that every tear is dried and my bondage to decay is over. Please keep my heart set on the glory that is to be revealed when Christ returns. In the name of the Lord Jesus I pray. Amen.

Wisdom:
The world is passing away, and also its lusts; but the one who does the will of God lives forever. 1 John 2:17 (NASB)

baddison

natural for good
May 12, 2014

Devotional:

And not only this, but also we ourselves, having the first fruits of the Spirit, even we ourselves groan within ourselves, waiting eagerly for our adoption as sons, the redemption of our body. Romans 8:23 (NASB)

The Holy Spirit, who lives in us, is our guarantee of a greater glory that is to come (cf. 2 Cor. 1:22; 5:5). The Spirit is the first fruits of that glory that is to be revealed in us (cf. Rom. 8:18). Our current state is only a foretaste of what lies ahead for us; we yearn to be clothed with our heavenly dwelling and to be at home with God (2 Cor. 5:1-8).

Prayer:
Dear Father, you have blessed me with so many wonderful blessings. I thank you for each and every one of them. At the same time, dear Father, I do long to be brought into your presence in glory as your child. The pain and heartache of the world, the fragility of my body, and my frustration with my own vulnerability to sin keep we longing for the day that your Son returns in glory. Until that day, help me as I try to be your holy child. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

Wisdom:
For we are a fragrance of Christ to God among those who are being saved and among those who are perishing; to the one an aroma from death to death, to the other an aroma from life to life. And who is adequate for these things? 2 Corinthians 2:15-16 (NASB)

baddison

natural for good
May 13, 2014

Devotional:

“He who has My commandments and keeps them is the one who loves Me; and he who loves Me will be loved by My Father, and I will love him and will disclose Myself to him.” John 14:21 (NASB)

Love is much more than a feeling or an attitude: love is an action. When we love, we show it by our deeds. As disciples of Jesus, our love is shown by our obedience to the things Jesus taught. Of course, that obedience brings an incredible blessing — Jesus reveals himself to those that obey him!

Prayer:
Dear LORD, my Abba Father, please forgive me for my sins. Empower me to resist the Evil One. Help me find delight in obeying the teaching of my Lord and Savior, Jesus. In the name your Son I ask this. Amen.

Wisdom:
“[fn] Blessed are the [fn]poor in spirit, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven. Matthew 5:3 (NASB)

baddison

natural for good
May 14, 2014

Devotional:

Therefore I urge you, brethren, by the mercies of God, to present your bodies a living and holy sacrifice, [fn]acceptable to God, which is your [fn]spiritual service of worship. And do not be conformed to this [fn]world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, so that you may [fn]prove what the will of God is, that which is good and [fn] acceptable and perfect. Romans 12:1-2 (NASB)

The motivation for our holiness is God's incredible mercy and grace. We offer ourselves to him because he has already shown us his love through the sacrifice of Jesus. As we offer ourselves to honor him, we are worshiping him. As we refuse to be molded into the lifestyle of the world, we offer him praise. As we consistently do these things with our lives, God's will becomes even more clear. With the Spirit's help, we are daily being transformed to be more like Jesus (2 Cor. 3:18) as we display more of the character of God (Gal. 5:22-23).

Prayer:
Father, as the old hymn says, "Have thine own way Lord... mold me and make me after thy will!" I gladly offer you my heart, my life, and my future to use to your glory. In Jesus' name. Amen.

Wisdom:

How blessed are the people who are so situated; How blessed are the people whose God is the LORD! Psalm 144:15 (NASB)

baddison

natural for good
May 15, 2014

Devotional:

And He was saying to them all, “If anyone wishes to come after Me, he must deny himself, and take up his cross daily and follow Me. Luke 9:23 (NASB)

Offering ourselves to God isn't easy because it means we must first die to our own selfish will. Like Jesus did in the Garden of Gethsemane, we face our own cross and must cry out, "Not my will, dear Father, but your will be done!"

Prayer:
Dear Father, thank you for sending Jesus as my Savior. Lord Jesus, I want to follow you. I don't want it to be half-hearted or hypocritical. I want your life to be seen in me. So please, gently show me the areas where my heart needs to be softened and my character needs to be shaped by the Spirit so that I can more perfectly reflect your glory, grace, and character to those around me. In Jesus' name. Amen.

Wisdom:
“[fn]Ask, and it will be given to you; [fn]seek, and you will find; [fn]knock, and it will be opened to you. “For everyone who asks receives, and he who seeks finds, and to him who knocks it will be opened. Matthew 7:7-8 (NASB)

baddison

natural for good
May 16, 2014

Devotional:

What the wicked fears will come upon him, But the desire of the righteous will be granted. Proverbs 10:24 (NASB)

The wicked fear the triumph of goodness, holiness, and righteousness. They fear not being in control. They fear death overtaking them. The righteous desire the triumph of goodness, holiness, and righteousness. They offer their life to be controlled by the Holy Spirit of God. They recognize death is an enemy, but one that has been conquered by their Savior. In times like these, isn't it comforting to know that the fear of the wicked is really all the wicked can be sure of receiving!

Prayer:
O LORD God, please bring your justice, mercy, and righteousness to triumph in the lives of all who seek after you and your will. Please make my heart more like yours in regard to evil and those who perpetuate it and stir in me a deeper passion to lead those to Christ who do not know you. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

Wisdom:
There is no wisdom and no understanding And no counsel against the LORD. Proverbs 21:30 (NASB)

baddison

natural for good
May 17, 2014

Devotional:

You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies; You [fn]have anointed my head with oil; My cup overflows. Psalm 23:5 (NASB)

While the enemy of the righteous may flourish for a season, God will lavish his love and show his favor on the righteous. As the apostle Paul reminded his dear friends in Philippians, their prayers and the work of the Holy Spirit guaranteed his deliverance: he would either be delivered from prison and death to serve them, or he would be delivered from prison through death to go be with the Father (Phil. 3:19-23). Either way, God's righteous will get a banquet, a place of honor, and a royal welcome that will vindicate their faithfulness before those who oppose them.

Prayer:
Father, King of the ages, I do believe that you will throw a party in my honor and treat me as one of your royal children. Thank you for this promise. Thank you for the assurance of ultimate vindication. Thank you for making my life overflow with your love and grace. In Jesus' name I praise you! Amen.

Wisdom:
Only conduct yourselves in a manner worthy of the gospel of Christ, so that whether I come and see you or remain absent, I will hear of you that you are standing firm in one spirit, with one [fn]mind striving together for the faith of the gospel; Philippians 1:27 (NASB)

Last edited:

baddison

natural for good
May 19, 2014

Devotional:

[fn]Surely goodness and lovingkindness will follow me all the days of my life,And I will [fn]dwell in the house of the LORD [fn]forever. Psalm 23:6 (NASB)

God is our Shepherd. Our destiny is tied to his goodness and mercy which he longs to shower upon us until he brings us home to dwell with him forever.

Prayer:
Father God, please bathe my heart in your goodness and reach through me and my influence to extend your love to others. Make my heart and hope find its hope in you. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

Wisdom:
Rejoice always; pray without ceasing; in everything give thanks; for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus. 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18 (NASB)

baddison

natural for good
May 20, 2014

Devotional:

The lips of the righteous bring forth what is acceptable, But the mouth of the wicked what is perverted. Proverbs 10:32 (NASB)

How many times have you said just the "wrong" thing? For me, it is more often than I would like to recall. Jesus words on this topic are indeed convicting to me: "Out of the abundance of the heart does the mouth speak." In other words, poor words and bad timing in our speech are more issues of our heart than issues of social skills and decorum. Let's ask God to purify, mend, and re-focus our heart on his will and passions.

Prayer:
Almighty God, loving and merciful Father, please purify my heart of all evil, hate, duplicity, prejudice, malice, lust and greed. By the powerful name of Jesus, please drive away any evil power or enticing tempation that would corrupt my heart and wound my soul. Fill my heart with love, grace, righteousness, holy passion, gentleness, forebearance, sensitivity, courage, conviction, and forgiveness. Give me discernment to know which of these qualities are needed at any given moment. Sanctify me, body, soul, and spirit with your Holy Spirit. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

Wisdom:
But prove yourselves doers of the word, and not merely hearers who delude themselves. James 1:22 (NASB)

baddison

natural for good
May 21, 2014

Devotional:

Establish my footsteps in Your f[n]word, And do not let any iniquity have dominion over me. Psalm 119:133 (NASB)

God's word is a light to our dark path in a morally uncertain world. It must be our standard for right and wrong, righteousness and evil. As God's will and Word have sway in our life, we are delivered from all sorts of destructive practices that can ruin our lives.

Prayer:
Great and Almighty God, who raises the dead and restores the fallen, make my heart delight in your truth and my life more perfectly conformed to your will. Lead me in your way and guide my footsteps in righteousness. Empower me to freedom from any form of bondage that Satan might use to control me and ruin my godly influence. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

Wisdom:
a renewal in which there is no distinction between Greek and Jew, circumcised and uncircumcised, [fn]barbarian, Scythian, slave and freeman, but Christ is all, and in all. Colossians 3:11 (NASB)

baddison

natural for good
May 22, 2014

Devotional:

“And he who does not take his cross and follow after Me is not worthy of Me “He who has found his [fn]life will lose it, and he who has lost his [fn]life for My sake will find it. Matthew 10:38-39 (NASB)

Jesus wants us to seriously look into our hearts and surrender those things that hold us back from fully following and serving him. We know what they are. He comes to us with his now nail-scarred hands and reminds us that he gave up everything to redeem us. He now wants us to surrender to the Cross the things that hold us back. Let's do it today!

Prayer:
Father God, Almighty King, I am sorry for the areas of my life that I have kept hidden away from the righteousness that your Spirit is working to cultivate in me. I now confess those secret areaa of sin to you and ask that you cleanse me and liberate me from Satan's power that binds them to me and holds me back from whole-hearted service to your Son. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

Wisdom:
Like a dog that returns to its vomit Is a fool who repeats [fn]his folly. Proverbs 26:11 (NASB)

baddison

natural for good
May 23, 2014

Devotional:

I have chosen the faithful way; I have [fn]placed Your ordinances before me. Psalm 119:30 (NASB)

Yesterday we made a commitment to follow the Lord Jesus whole-heartedly. Let's not forget it and slip back into old habits and bad patterns. Let's choose the way of truth again today, and tomorrow, and...

Prayer:
Righteous Father, your way and your Word are my source of life and guidance. I choose your will and your truth today. Help it come alive in me through joyful obedience. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

Wisdom:
Blessed are those who wash their robes, so that they may have the right to the tree of life, and may enter by the gates into the city. Revelation 22:14 (NASB)

baddison

natural for good
May 24, 2014

Devotional:

A Psalm of David when he f[n]feigned madness before [fn]Abimelech, who drove him away and he departed. I will bless the LORD at all times; His praise shall continually be in my mouth. Psalm 34:1 (NASB)

One way to keep our life on track and our hearts surrendered to the will and work of God is to praise our glorious LORD continually. Let's put our praise for God on our lips with song and memorized Scripture. Let's tell his wonderful and great deeds to our children, grandchildren, and friends. Let's give him thanks for all that he has done for us. Just as surely as he is with us always (see Ps. 139), let's praise him always.

Prayer:
Almighty God and eternal and loving Father, I praise you for your great might and incredible creativity displayed in your creation. I marvel at your vastness and incomprehensible glory revealed in the great expanse of the heavens. Thank you for your power, mercy, faithfulness, and grace demonstrated by your care for your people and the sending of your Son as you promised. You are wonderful. You are awesome. You are majestic. Thank you for loving me. In Jesus' name. Amen.

Wisdom:
Let no one say when he is tempted, “I am being tempted [fn]by God”; for God cannot be tempted [fn]by evil, and He Himself does not tempt anyone. But each one is tempted when he is carried away and enticed by his own lust. James 1:13-14 (NASB)

baddison

natural for good
May 26, 2014

Devotional:
My soul will make its boast in the LORD; The humble will hear it and rejoice. Psalm 34:2 (NASB)

We have no basis to boast in our own might. We can't preserve our life. We can't topple kingdoms. We can't see the edge of the heavens. We can't determine the future or change the past. So what do we have in which we can boast? God! We are living proof of his grace and mercy — he saved us when we didn't deserve it, he rescued us from sin and death when we had no power to preserve our life. Those in sorrow, brokenness, and night can look at us and rejoice, because we are living proof God saves the sinner, raises up the disheartened, and mends the broken. Praise the LORD for his glory. Praise the LORD for his grace.

Prayer:
Father, thank you! Thank you for all that you have done for me. Let others see your work in me and understand that you can do a great thing in them, as well. In Jesus' precious name I pray. Amen.

Wisdom:
Let us hold fast the confession of our hope without wavering, for He who promised is faithful; Hebrews 10:23 (NASB)

baddison

natural for good
May 27, 2014

Devotional:

O magnify the LORD with me, And let us exalt His name together. Psalm 34:3 (NASB)

Isn't it good that we can sing alone and know God loves our song! Isn't it even better that we can join others in songs of praise and lose ourselves in wonder, love, and praise! Let's spend today finding other believers and praising God together. All around the world, hundreds of thousands strong, let's reach out to other believers and ask them to join us in glorifying the Lord!

Prayer:
Almighty and merciful God, please be pleased with my praise and my attempts to join others in bringing you glory. Forgive me for sins, slips, and slights. Empower me to be a living witness to your magnificent grace. In Jesus' name. Amen.

Wisdom:
There is one who speaks rashly like the thrusts of a sword, But the tongue of the wise brings healing. Proverbs 12:18 (NASB)

baddison

natural for good
May 28, 2014

Devotional:

I sought the LORD, and He answered me, And delivered me from all my fears. Psalm 34:4 (NASB)

Have you sought the LORD lately? Many of us made a commitment to turn all of our lives over to him last week; how have you done at that commitment? God promises wisdom to those who ask and don't doubt. Have you asked for wisdom recently? Let's join our hearts together, and with the Spirit's help, let's seek our Father so that we can honor and glorify him, finding our blessing in his presence.

Prayer:
Majesty on high, the Holy One of Israel, my Father and my God, I seek you with all my heart, mind, soul, and strength. I want to know you more completely. I want to fully respond to your leading and your will in my life. Be near me today. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

Wisdom:
How blessed is the man who does not walk in the counsel of the wicked, Nor stand in the [fn]path of sinners, Nor sit in the seat of scoffers! Psalm 1:1 (NASB)

baddison

natural for good
May 29, 2014

Devotional:

They looked to Him and were radiant, And their faces will never be ashamed. Psalm 34:5 (NASB)

We are like the moon; the glory we show is the reflection of the greater life in our lives that does not originate in us but is a blessing to others through us. Look to God for your hope, your strength, your values, your foundation, your security, and your light.

Prayer:
Father, I look for you and to you. Be near me as I face challenges and temptations. Don't let the evil one bring me shame because of my sin and weakness. Triumph over evil in my life for your glory. In Jesus' name. Amen.

Wisdom:
[fn]fixing our eyes on Jesus, the [fn]author and perfecter of faith, who for the joy set before Him endured the cross, despising the shame, and has sat down at the right hand of the throne of God. Hebrews 12:2 (NASB)

baddison

natural for good
May 30, 2014

Devotional:

This [fn]poor man cried, and the LORD heard him And saved him out of all his troubles. Psalm 34:6 (NASB)

So few hear the cry of the poor or respond to the plight of the disadvantaged. If we are going to be true children of our Father, his values must become our own, his lost sheep must become our quest. Let's help others around us who are in need find that when they call to God, they are not forgotten. Let's be his delivery system of grace.

Prayer:
Gracious and Holy Father, please use me to be a delivery system for your grace. In the name of Jesus, your greatest gift of grace. Amen.

Wisdom:
the one who says he abides in Him ought himself to walk in the same manner as He walked. 1 John 2:6 (NASB)

baddison

natural for good
May 31, 2014

Devotional:

The angel of the LORD encamps around those who fear Him, And rescues them. Psalm 34:7 (NASB)

I don't see him, but I know he's there! The same angel of the Lord who destroyed Israel's enemies is now fighting to win the spiritual battle that rages around you and me.

Prayer:
Give me faith, dear Father, to believe that your heavenly messengers are around me to deliver me to you with glory and great joy. Thank you! In Jesus name. Amen.

Wisdom:
Lying lips are an abomination to the LORD, But those who deal faithfully are His delight. Proverbs 12:22 (NASB)

baddison

natural for good
June 2, 2014

Devotional:

O taste and see that the LORD is good; How blessed is the man who takes refuge in Him! Psalm 34:8 (NASB)

Some aspects of faith are indescribable: they can only be experienced and known by doing them. Taste the Lord. Sample his goodness. Lean on his grace. Take refuge in his care. We are blessed to find him near and take our refuge from life's greatest dangers and death's greatest fears.

Prayer:
Help me, dear Father, to know you better. Open my heart, dear Lord, so that I will more fully entrust myself to your care. Open my eyes to see just how gracious you are - not to impress me, but to share in your grace. Thank you for your goodness. In Jesus' name. Amen.

Wisdom:
Submit yourselves for the Lord’s sake to every human institution, whether to a king as the one in authority, or to governors as sent [fn]by him for the punishment of evildoers and the praise of those who do right. For [fn]such is the will of God that by doing right you may silence the ignorance of foolish men. 1 Peter 2:13-15 (NASB)

baddison

natural for good
June 3, 2014

Devotional:

O fear the LORD, you His saints; For to those who fear Him there is no want. Psalm 34:9 (NASB)

"Fear of the LORD" is one of the great themes of the Old Testament. The phrase is particularly hard to translate, especially in light of the repeated message of the Bible to "fear not" and John's reminder that "perfect love casts out all fear." It means more than "hold God in reverence." Generally, "fear of the LORD" means that we remember our place in the order of things. We know we are deeply loved by our holy Father in heaven. We recognize that we are weak and sinful in comparison and are saved by God's mercy and grace. We acknowledge that his majesty and holiness are far beyond us and that we pale in significance before God. We come to God acknowledging our need for him and our unworthiness to demand anything from him. The incredible reality is that when we approach God with this sense of awe and profound respect, he in turn welcomes us with open arms and brings us close. (See Isaiah 57:15)

Prayer:
Holy and Righteous Father, God Almighty, thank you for your mercy, grace, and forgiveness. Thank you for your love, faithfulness, and justice. I come to you on my knees, recognizing that you are holy, majestic, awesome in power, and righteous in all that you do. Without your grace and the gift of your Spirit, I know I could not come into your presence with such boldness. Righteous Father, forgive me for my sins and empower me to be a person of integrity and grace. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

Wisdom:
It is better to take refuge in the LORD Than to trust in man. Psalm 118:8 (NASB)

baddison

natural for good
June 4, 2014

Devotional:

The young lions do lack and suffer hunger; But they who seek the LORD shall not be in want of any good thing. Psalm 34:10 (NASB)

While even the most fierce hunters cannot ensure their security and nourishment, those whose hunger is for God will find themselves nourished, blessed, and sustained.

Prayer:
Thank you, Father, for the promise that you will never leave me or forsake me even though friends and partners may betray and forsake me. I confess that it is sometimes hard to fully comprehend, much less believe, that you are always faithful. Confusing and hurtful times come and I waver in my confidence in your grace. Please forgive me and renew my hope. I do believe, dear Father, that you love me like no one else can. I do believe, Almighty God, that you care about my wounds and worries. I recommit my heart this day to trust in your daily care, provision, and grace for me. In Jesus' name. Amen.

Wisdom:
Let the word of [fn]Christ richly dwell within you, [fn]with all wisdom teaching and admonishing [fn]one another with psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing [fn]with thankfulness in your hearts to God. Colossians 3:16 (NASB)

baddison

natural for good
June 5, 2014

Devotional:

Come, you children, listen to me; I will teach you the fear of the LORD. Psalm 34:11 (NASB)

Is there any greater definition of what a parent's role is than this? Let's make sure that in the swirling demands and involvements of our lives we do not forget the MAIN thing that God has given us as parents, teachers, and friends to do in the lives of children.

Prayer:
O Master, LORD God my Savior and Sustainer, please keep my heart set on your priorities with the children in my life. In Jesus' name. Amen.

Wisdom:
Let the word of [fn]Christ richly dwell within you, [fn]with all wisdom teaching and admonishing [fn]one another with psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing [fn]with thankfulness in your hearts to God. Colossians 3:16 (NASB)

baddison

natural for good
June 6, 2014

Devotional:

Who is the man who desires life And loves length of days that he may see good? Keep your tongue from evil And your lips from speaking deceit. Psalm 34:12-13 (NASB)

God reminds us that our words and the way we use our speech greatly impact the quality of life we enjoy. Nothing cuts short a vibrant life like evil speech and lies we tell. They set loose a force of deception and damage that we cannot control. This unleashed power not only damages those about whom and to whom we speak, but they eventually boomerang and come back and bring their deadly payload back into our own lives. Let's be people who speak what is right, good, wholesome, holy, true, and a blessing. (cf. Ephesians 4:20-5:12)

Prayer:
Holy and Righteous God my Father, purify my heart and cleanse my words of all deceit, slander, vulgarity, wickedness, untruth, exaggeration, mean-spiritedness, distortion, guile, and words that wound. May the words of my mouth and the intentions of my heart be pleasing to you, O God. In Jesus' name. Amen.

Wisdom:

“But let your statement be, ‘Yes, yes’ or ‘No, no’; anything beyond these is [fn]of evil. Matthew 5:37 (NASB)

baddison

natural for good
June 7, 2014

Devotional:

Depart from evil and do good; Seek peace and pursue it. Psalm 34:14 (NASB)

It is not enough to turn from evil. We can clean the putrid things out of our life, but if we do not actively pursue what is good then a worse evil will rush into the void. (cf. Mat. 12:43-45) Let's be a people eager to do good and with a passion to "wage peace."

Prayer:
O Father, let me be an instrument of your peace. Where there is hatred, use me to share your love and grace. Where there is injury, sin, and brokenness, use me to bring healing, forgiveness, and comfort. Please, Abba Father, use me to do your good work in my world. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

Wisdom:
“Blessed are those who mourn, for they shall be comforted. Matthew 5:4 (NASB)

baddison

natural for good
June 9, 2014

Devotional:

The eyes of the LORD are toward the righteous And His ears are open to their cry. Psalm 34:15 (NASB)

We are righteous because of God's grace. We are remembered because of God's faithfulness. We are heard because of God's faithfulness. We are blessed because God is God.

Prayer:
Thank you, Father, for seeing my needs, hearing my cries, answering my prayers, and coming down to save, comfort, and bless. In Jesus' name. Amen.

Wisdom:
Therefore I, the prisoner of the Lord, implore you to walk in a manner worthy of the calling with which you have been called, Ephesians 4:1 (NASB)

baddison

natural for good
June 10, 2014

Devotional:

The face of the LORD is against evildoers, To cut off the memory of them from the earth. Psalm 34:16 (NASB)

God hates violence and demands that we not admire those who are violent or share in their violent lifestyle. (Prov. 3:31) God abhors those who do evil. God not only opposes them when they are alive, he also mitigates their influence after they are gone. He helps them be seen for what they really are. Far from being viewed as heroes, their legacy of hate and wickedness is spurned, shunned, scandalized, and forgotten.

Prayer:
In our own time of terror and wickeness, O LORD, please make worthless the threats of the wicked and make their memory a foul stench in the nostrils of those they are trying to deceive and co-opt to do their evil will. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

Wisdom:
Pure and undefiled religion in the sight of our God and Father is this: to visit orphans and widows in their distress, and to keep oneself unstained [fn]by the world. James 1:27 (NASB)

baddison

natural for good
June 11, 2014

Devotional:

The righteous cry, and the LORD hears And delivers them out of all their troubles. Psalm 34:17 (NASB)

Deliverance! A great theme of the Bible is that God is a God of deliverance who keeps his promises and faithfully shares his grace, mercy, and justice. Let this promise stir you to righteous living and then and to cry out to God in all your troubles. One way to do this is to read through the Psalms regularly, letting these inspired words from so long ago offer a rich topography of prayer from which you can call to God. Whether you use the Psalms or not, however, cry out to God with the praises, questions, and wounds that life brings. Let his presence be real to you and your heart open to him.

Prayer:
Father, our world needs your deliverance. In your majesty and power, please destroy the plans of the wicked. In your mercy and grace, please raise up your people who find themselves facing hardship and trouble. In Jesus' name. Amen.

Wisdom:
Better is a [fn]dish of [fn]vegetables where love is Than a fattened ox served with hatred. Proverbs 15:17 (NASB)

baddison

natural for good
June 12, 2014

Devotional:

The LORD is near to the brokenhearted And saves those who are [fn]crushed in spirit. Psalm 34:18 (NASB)

The LORD is... ..near! ..present! ..close! How do I know? He came close in the manger. He walked among us in ministry. He suffered with us and for us at Calvary. We know that in tragedy, trial, heartbreak, and brokenness he is near to us to save us. So, will our hearts be open to him and will we be seeking him to come near? Don't let troubles or heartache lead you to pull away from God or doubt his nearness. Let him draw close to you.

Prayer:
O LORD, please be near me today. Make your presence known in my life. Father, I also ask that you bless those I know who are struggling with their faith, and with broken and disappointed hearts. Please be active in their lives and make your presence known in their lives. In Jesus' name. Amen.

Wisdom:
Remember the prisoners, as though in prison with them, and those who are ill-treated, since you yourselves also are in the body. Hebrews 13:3 (NASB)