Daily Co-washes = No breakage?

Christelyn

Thanks to all of you gals on this board I've been cowashing daily for the past few days and something funny happened...

A lot less breakage. :yep: I find this interesting, especially since I always thought that water was not my hair's friend. Now don't get me wrong: I still see a few bits and pieces come out when I do my twists afterwards, but it's almost unnoticeable.

I've been alternating my cowashes with Giovanni's Tea Tree Triple Threat conditioners and the 50:50 Calming/Hydration.

So to my fellow daily cowashers: Have you noticed the same thing? Could this be the Holy Grail of breakage prevention?

Qetesh

i cowash daily sometimes during the summer months that or every other day,
still notice breakage, but if i take it easy on the detangling its not much. i think the more you handle your hair harshly the more breakage you have anyway.... and your always going to have shed hairs.. so mayb since your getting rid of them daily wit cowashing it just looks overall like there is no breakage. ???

either way i am happy you found something that really works for you

1god1

I love coWashes....usually I don't have breakage...I wash while my hair is still in twists or box braids. The only time I really have breakage is when I wash and comb out my hair while I am in the shower.

DarkAngell

I do co washes pretty much every day since i dont even know how long now and it'a RARE that i hear any snapping or i see any broken hairs on the comb.

MissNina

Libra Girl
Yep Co-washes help reduce breakage by a lot for me. I stick to doing it daily, but I only started a few weeks ago or so towards the end of my stretch. Tomorrow I will start again for the first time since my perm on Sat. I can't wait :grin:

Kay.Dee

But I'm very happy you found that it works for you. It's hard to get your regimen down. Generally is seems like people have good results with co washing often.

:look:
I get more breakage. Too much manipulation for me and I don't think my hair likes getting wet everyday, I think my shrikage factor/texture has something to so with it.I'm in braids now, but usually I only cowash no more than once a week.

Hot40

Thanks to all of you gals on this board I've been cowashing daily for the past few days and something funny happened...

A lot less breakage. :yep: I find this interesting, especially since I always thought that water was not my hair's friend. Now don't get me wrong: I still see a few bits and pieces come out when I do my twists afterwards, but it's almost unnoticeable.

I've been alternating my cowashes with Giovanni's Tea Tree Triple Threat conditioners and the 50:50 Calming/Hydration.

So to my fellow daily cowashers: Have you noticed the same thing? Could this be the Holy Grail of breakage prevention?

Are you relaxed or natural?

Filmatic

Co-washing daily has helped a lot with my breakage. It has also made my hair more managable. I think that is a factor also. When it was time for my last relaxer I had to really contemplate doing it because my new growth was so pretty and managable. I have decided to wait 4 months this time and see how it goes.

Ms_Ann

I've been cowashing for a few weeks and I have noticed less breakage. My hair is so coarse and dry that I really need to do it every other day right now. I'm wondering if most women cowash more during the Summer and Winter months and less often during Fall and Spring?

~*Tigget*~

Since cowashing my hair I :heart2:the feel of my hair. It is always so soft. I don't do it daily, but try to 2-3 times a week. As many things as I am trying right now all seem to be working in my hairs favor. Now if I can keep my hands out of my hair.