Cutting my Natural Hair Tomorrow

danniegirl

Cutting my Natural Hair Tomorrow after work Im going for a tapered look im taking maybe 5-9 inches of the top and cutting the sides and back very close but i need to leave enough hair to still braid it up

should i co wash tonight or wash wash tonight ---i dont really want to because im planning on doing my henna treatment tomorrow late/ over- night my last wash was last sat my hair is not dirty

should i wear my hair curly or straight or stretched

with or without product if i go clean

Im going to my trusty barber not a stylist and not a beauty salon hes my kids barber but he use to cut /shave my head back when i wore my side/sides shaven or my hair faded and tapered in my perm and younger days.

i can always go home and quickly wash and go back to him with damp hair no product if its the recommendation

ETA i use to get cuts all the time but i never cut my natural hair is it much of a difference

faithVA

:bump: danniegirl

If you are going to be curly after, then go curly. You can stretch it a bit though.

You can also have a bit of product for moisture.

I think cowashing will be just fine.

I don't even have 9 inches of hair to cut :sad:

I don't think getting a cut relaxed or natural is much different. I do think getting a cut from a stylist and barber are a bit different. But since you are getting it cut very short, it will be just fine.

If you are leaving enough hair to braid up, how much hair do you plan to have him leave?

danniegirl

I can braid an inch of hair as long as I can grab it I can braid it with extensions

i wemt by the barber shop tonight and he told me to just have it all comb out for him

so i wil wash blow dry it out im going to do that quickly when i get home tomorrow night then run back to him around 7pm