Curly Nikki's Book

weaveadiva

Have you purchased (or plan to purchase) Curly Nikki's new book
Better Than Good Hair
?

The few reviews it has so far are mostly good. I'm definitely interested as I frequent her site and think she knows her stuff.

Any reviews?

Attachments

• BetterThanGoodHair.jpg
    BetterThanGoodHair.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 140
Last edited:

LexiDior

Last I heard, she wasnt even writing her own articles on her site anymore, are we sure she wrote this??

Je Ne Sais Quoi

I hadn't planned on buying it because I didn't see a need (for me) but I do want to say that I think it's phenomenal that she is published and so mainstream. Kudos to her!!!!! Honestly i'm not too familiar with her (though i do visit her site from time to time) but my guess is that her success is well deserved.

Napp

Ms. Nobody
i dont think its for me, but i hope she has sucess!

wow she was even on Steve Harvey!?! thats the big leagues right there! lol

Simply_elle

Sorry, I can't get into her after she turned from hair to a shameless self promoter... Her blog is all guest articles, with posts from other blogs.

I gave up when she went to Brazil with her DH. I still have her liked on Facebook she's posted like 20 links for this book :ohwell: Her baby is cute tho...

Sent from my grammar bombing iPhone...

DaiseeDay

Simply_elle said:
Sorry, I can't get into her after she turned from hair to a shameless self promoter... Her blog is all guest articles, with posts from other blogs.

I gave up when she went to Brazil with her DH. I still have her liked on Facebook she's posted like 20 links for this book :ohwell: Her baby is cute tho...

Lol she does always talk about her travels and partying and I only really used to read her blog for the celebrity guest posts. The hair information is already old news for me once it's posted there.

I do wish her the best as an entrepreneur, but I doubt the book will give me any new information. If it gets good reviews I might suggest it for family members trying to go natural though.

ecadnacmc

I was interested at first but i have so many hair books and at this point they all pretty much say the same thing we already say on this site. Most of the time i just wind up sharing or giving my hair books to family and friends who want to know how to care for their hair but won't listen to me.

LadyRaider

The kindle formatting is off kilter so it is not a pleasure visually to read. It's okay. Haven't read anything earth shattering yet. Still I bought it to support the cause. If one of you write a book, I'll probably buy it as well.

greenandchic

I stopped reading her blog when she stopped writing the posts. I will see if my local library can order it though...

greenandchic

LOL - What happened with Brazil?

ellebelle88

Something about CurlyNikki is beginning to annoy me. However, I'm glad to see a black girl gaining success, running her own business and doing her thang. I'll probably check it out from the library on campus (don't need no more haircare books), but I hope its successful.

LexiDior

One reviewer said all the information found in the book can be found on her site, more power to her but wow, thats a waste of time.

Foxglove

A drop of golden sun
One reviewer said all the information found in the book can be found on her site, more power to her but wow, thats a waste of time.

That would be good for people who aren't Internet savvy or don't have the patience to dig through her site

ItsMeFre

I actually like Curly Nikki and I think her posts about herself are fun to read. I don't frequent her blog, but when I do I always click on the "my curls" link where she writes about herself, or I find the celebrity post link.
I won't buy her book because I don't need to learn much about basic hair care anymore, but I wish her blessings and sucess!

shelli4018

I don't understand why some people take issue with guest posts on her site. She publishes almost everyday. There's no way she could generate content like that AND manage her other interests alone. Personally, I've discovered a lot of lesser know bloggers on her site. Ya gotta give her props for giving these ladies a platform to grow their blogs/businesses too.

Shoot....I love CurlyNikki for that alone. So yeah....I'm gonna add this book to my small healthy hair book collection.

Last edited:

greenandchic

I don't understand why some people take issue with guest posts on her site. She publishes almost everyday. There's no way she could generate content like that AND manage her other interests alone. Personally, I've discovered a lot of lesser know bloggers on her site. Ya gotta give her props for giving these ladies a platform to grow their blogs/businesses too.

Shoot....I love CurlyNikki for that alone. So yeah....I'm gonna add this book to my small healthy hair book collection.

You made a good point. I guess for me I already knew of a lot of the bloggers she featured so it was repeated information for me. I do have to remember that her audience are mostly new naturals.

mscurly

I won't be buying cause even though I'm natural and still #teamnaturals

I have already mastered my own hair so there is nothing that anyone can teach me about my hair at this point.

Congrats to her for doing her thing and making big moves with her new found fame and success.

But I don't even follow her blog anymore much for the same reason and then I also got kinda tired of her name dropping celebs she hung out with and blah blah. Nothing against her I just took it as someone who is new to fame and excited about it

wigsnatcha3000

I think that people who don't really know about full-time blogging would be annoyed by guest posts. Guest posts are almost essential to growing a blog and networking. The guest blogger gains exposure and the blog host gains a day to work on his/her own posts.

Taina

I will buy the PDF version from the Itunes Store is like 5 USD. I will love to read some hair books, but they never get down here xD

sunnydaze

I think that people who don't really know about full-time blogging would be annoyed by guest posts. Guest posts are almost essential to growing a blog and networking. The guest blogger gains exposure and the blog host gains a day to work on his/her own posts.

ITA. Curly Nikki travels, does appearances, writes books, conducts celeb interviews and maintains a blog. That is a lot and she was smart to outsource some of the posting to other bloggers for the reasons you mention above.

I rememeber when she was here like any other poster and now she has blown up..she...is.. winning :grin:.

bronzebomb

What else can anyone say about natural hair? Nothing. Personally, I believe her book came too late in the "Natural Hair Revolution" (isn't that the term they are using now)?

Napp

Ms. Nobody
What else can anyone say about natural hair? Nothing. Personally, I believe her book came too late in the "Natural Hair Revolution" (isn't that the term they are using now)?

I actually agree about this. She should have done this a while ago.

LadyPBC

Undecided - not sure that all her methods would work for me and I've been spoiled by being a member of LHCF! I'd love to see a book come out by someone who is a kinky coily 4a haired diva!