Creme of Nature's Argan Oil Shampoo

vtoodler

Has anyone ever used Creme of Nature's argan oil shampoo?

If so, did you like it, and did you find it to be moisturizing and detangling? What shampoos are like it, and would you repurchase?

I wasn't able to find much information about this shampoo from doing an archive search, so that's why I started a new thread.

lilanie

It is moisturizing and detangling.

I find it to be about 89.9% close to the original CON. I haven't used any other shampoo but original CON, the revamped version (orange bottles) and this one...

It is hard to find in stores, and I live in Los Angeles.

BonnieB

I like the shampoo as Lilanie, said it is moisturizing and detangling however when I use it and then use other conditioners (especially ones full of protein) it makes my hair hard. I mean I have been using these conditioners of years without a problem so I know that its the shampoo that is making my hair hard when I use both.It is a good shampoo but just monitor your hair while using it with a protein treatment.

VirGoViXxEn

BonnieB, thats an interesting point you make. I used the con argan poo my last wash then aphogee 2 step and carols daughter black vanilla as a DC. my hair was very hard, i found this odd since the black vanilla makes my hair soft and i have never experienced hardness when using this poo before. I will try the poo without the protein this week to see if my hair is still hard...Thanks for the tip!

Trini_Chutney

Peeing in my shower
I have the shampoo and I like it. It doesn't strip my hair as much as the other shampoos I've tried, but it's not as good as the original (close though).

BonnieB

No problem. I keep track of every product I use with documentation; this is how I know exactly what is working and what is not. HHG

@BonnieB, thats an interesting point you make. I used the con argan poo my last wash then aphogee 2 step and carols daughter black vanilla as a DC. my hair was very hard, i found this odd since the black vanilla makes my hair soft and i have never experienced hardness when using this poo before. I will try the poo without the protein this week to see if my hair is still hard...Thanks for the tip!

kiadoris08

I like the shampoo as Lilanie, said it is moisturizing and detangling however when I use it and then use other conditioners (especially ones full of protein) it makes my hair hard. I mean I have been using these conditioners of years without a problem so I know that its the shampoo that is making my hair hard when I use both.It is a good shampoo but just monitor your hair while using it with a protein treatment.
I agree with Bonnie B. I stop using it and went back to Mizani. I give up on Con!!

greenandchic

I tried it thinking it was just as good as the original. I haven't used the original in almost 20 years, but I remember how it was like. It didn't impress me...:( I wish they bring back the tried and true.

Kimiche

I know that people seem to like this new Creme of Nature, but my hair doesn't like it. It leaves my hair feeling dry and kind of hard for some reason. I've tried it a few times with the same result. I wish they would've just left well enough alone and kept the original. :down: