CREACLIP U-Shaped Trim on BSL Hair *PICTURES*

ChristmasCarol

Last Month, I trimmed DD#3's waist length hair into a "V" using the Creaclip Trimming Device. Here's the link to that thread: http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=596519

It was super-easy to use, so DD#2 wanted her hair layered with it. She decided against heavy layering, and just wanted the front tapered so she could easily wear side-swept bangs or Kim Kardashian-type curls in the front.

Quick background: Like so many of us, she wanted a relaxer, so I gave her one. Bad move. She transitioned for 20 months and then I BC'd. She was left with 12" of hair. She's been natural for 8 months - her last relaxer was 28 months ago. Her hair was approximately 17" long before this trim. Her ends look thin, but they aren't. Since her nape hair is the same length as the crown, they hang down futher. She's waiting until WL (probably this time next year) to do a blunt cut. That will put her at a blunt MBL.

The Creaclip Device can be purchased on Amazon or eBay. It costs around $25-$35. They have excellent tutorials on YT: http://www.youtube.com/user/creaclip?feature=chclk

picture.php

Blown Out (we use an old t-shirt turned backwards and use the lettering as boot-leg length markers, lol):

picture.php

Flat ironed before Trim:

picture.php

After Trim:

picture.php

Side View:

picture.php

Front w/Curls:

picture.php

Thanks for looking!

Last edited:
sipp100 in other words I should remove the creaclip from the package it's been collecting dust in LOL

:)

You did an amazing job Mommy on her hair :) I want to come get mines done LOL

Yay, Mom! (@sipp100) Great work. You have the crea-clip down.

Have you given thought to the pros/cons of using this device?

divachyk

I cannot think of any "cons" :grin:
Pros:
The Creaclip is really, really simple to use.
You can't cut off too much.
The built-in level insures an even trim.

@sipp100 in other words I should remove the creaclip from the package it's been collecting dust in LOL

:)

JJamiah

Yes, bust it out!

You did an amazing job Mommy on her hair :) I want to come get mines done LOL

beautiful! that came out just great! off to amazon.com :lol:

coyacoy

Thanks! It is well-worth it. I'm saving a bunch of $$$ :yep:

Very nice. Not only are you saving money, by doing it yourself no worries about someone cutting too much off.

You might want to go into business and make some side cash :lol:

Great post! I think it's excellent that you're taking charge of trimming your daughter's hair yourself.

sipp100, well done lady! I chopped my hair all uneven in my BC, so I may have to come down that way when it finally grows out!!! :lol:

Wow, very nice :yep: You've done a great job caring for her hair, it looks so healthy! I want a creaclip now...

Baby girl hair is lovely just like her mommy! I need to invest in one of these for my next (do it myself trim) in 2014.

Back