Craving color re-touch

ElevatedEnergy

Rooted Yet Flowing
I normally get my highlights retouched annually and it's around that time (spring/summer) so I was craving some more color. Although I lovesssssss me honey blonde color, I've been wanting to go jet black for dang near 10 years!! My stylist always talks me out of it every time I bring it up because she said it's hard to go lighter once you go black. Well this year, I decided to grow out my highlights in preparation to go black despite what she said cause guess what?! It's my hair...and dangit I want it to be BLACK!!! I've been lighter for so long and I'm over it...plus if I want to go lighter, I found a happy medium: Colored clip-ins.

My stylist used to make them for me a while back when I would go different shades of blonde to see how I liked it before actually doing the deed. Well I still have them but they are like 15-20 different shades of blonde/red and not a complete set. So I've started a new collection! I wont wear them anytime soon...only when I'm done growing/trimming my color and can actually go ahead and get a demi-permanent jet black. I figured it would be fun to start collecting them now though.

I am in love with the color job on these 8 piece clips-ins from owigs. I must say this is the best color job I've seen in a while. I LOVE that you get to customize the color as you see fit. I chose 20% ombre in #1B black as my top color and 80% ombre #27 honey blonde as my ombre color. It is a true ombre on the honey blonde because it starts out darker and gets lighter and lighter as it goes to the ends. I chose this texture as it resembles my roller set hair which is how I wear my hair 90% of the time. I chose the shortest length as I'll only add a few to my crown to resemble natural layers.

Please note this is not a review on the hair as I haven't even worn it yet...just reviewing the color job. However, I can say the clips are sewn on pretty good and appears sturdy enough. From the touch the hair is soft, smells freshly washed and is doesn't appear dry as most hair looks after a deep lifting session. I paid $94.99 for them with a $5 discount I got off of a youtubers page. I chose the free shipping that was offered as I didn't need them right away....but bayyybay that shipping wait time was long as they are shipped from China. I ordered them on Feb 21st and they were delivered by DSL today on March 12th.

I want to order more in a different texture that's not so silky...but so far I like these and it did scratch my craving to get my color re-touched :)

http://www.owigs.com/hair-extension...remy-clip-in-hair-extensions-cw066-p-419.html

Last edited:
Back