Covering all the edges!

AsTheCurlzTurns

Is there anyone who has edges they can't seem to get into a shower cap or satin scarf? For some reason since I became natural I've gotten hair that I never had before, and now some hairs on the edges won't go or stay in the shower cap.

Like for example, you may have a smidge of hair that like trying to grow sideburns, but it's still hair, how'd you get it to go into the shower cap so it can get a good DC or even wearing a scarf to bed without the edges peeking out?

No matter how low you put the scarf on your head, it still winds up pulling itself away from the edges, and in the case of a shower cap, it can get hot under there when it's flat on your forehead LOL

So how do YOU get all of your edges to stay in the cap?

Girl, I don't even try, sadly enough. I'm sitting here right now with a DC in, and I have two patches on either side of my head right in front of my ears that are totally exposed.

The hairs there are thinner, than the hairs otherwheres, I'll admit, but they seem to be thriving.

I guess, if I pulled the shower cap over my ears, that would cover them up totally.

That's what I'm saying JK...then I found if trying to use a scarf and tie around my edges, I got to leave my ears out or they'd be hurting once I take the scarf off. With a shower cap, it's no problem to leave the ears in while doing a DC, but the elastic can take it's toll you know.

I was having trouble with those edges sticking out. I started using bigger plastic caps (for DCing) and coving my ears and also added a headband over the plastic cap to make sure no hair would escape. I now have a bigger bonnet which I put under my earlobes.

Is there anyone who has edges they can't seem to get into a shower cap or satin scarf? For some reason since I became natural I've gotten hair that I never had before, and now some hairs on the edges won't go or stay in the shower cap.

Like for example, you may have a smidge of hair that like trying to grow sideburns, but it's still hair, how'd you get it to go into the shower cap so it can get a good DC or even wearing a scarf to bed without the edges peeking out?

No matter how low you put the scarf on your head, it still winds up pulling itself away from the edges, and in the case of a shower cap, it can get hot under there when it's flat on your forehead LOL

So how do YOU get all of your edges to stay in the cap?

I am not having this problem :sad:

I wish I was though

I was having trouble with those edges sticking out. I started using bigger plastic caps (for DCing) and coving my ears and also added a headband over the plastic cap to make sure no hair would escape. I now have a bigger bonnet which I put under my earlobes.
I may have to try finding some of the bigger plastic caps, I've got the one size fits all and it's never been a problem that bad before. And I cannot stand anything covering my ears much less my earlobes LOL

I feel your pain as I have a very low hairline.

I manage to obtain extra large shower caps or, extra large satin scarf over here to cover my hair.

Back