Cornrows after a relaxer

glamazon386

I just got my hair relaxed Friday for the first time in about 13 weeks. I want to get it cornrowed for school, it starts next week on the 31st. Is that too soon? How long should I wait after the relaxer to get cornrows? A week or two? TIA...

bmoreflyygirl said:
I just got my hair relaxed Friday for the first time in about 13 weeks. I want to get it cornrowed for school, it starts next week on the 31st. Is that too soon? How long should I wait after the relaxer to get cornrows? A week or two? TIA...

I would say wait at least two weeks if not three!!

I usually wait 6 weeks at least. I've never had a problem with thinning edges, breakage or excess shedding because of this.

I usually wait 2weeks, but have had it done even after a week. Just wash the hair, condition and moisturize it. There are really no rules. I cornrow all the time and have had no problem. Just be sensible.

What if I decide to get a weave? I think I might call my weaver up today and see if she's busy or not. Essentially isn't that the same thing since my hair is cornrowed and then the hair is sewed on? I hear people relax and then put a weave right in why should I wait longer before getting the cornrows? Just a thought...

bmoreflyygirl said:
What if I decide to get a weave? I think I might call my weaver up today and see if she's busy or not. Essentially isn't that the same thing since my hair is cornrowed and then the hair is sewed on? I hear people relax and then put a weave right in why should I wait longer before getting the cornrows? Just a thought...

My sentiments too...no difference

Back