Confusion on where HL actually is????

mayoo

Hey ladies,
So I've been on my hair journey for the past two and a half years and I'va always thought that HL hair was hair that hit your hip bone (the first 2 pic in attachments)
As in, above TBL but just recently on another thread I noticed that a lot of ladies were referring to HL as the widest part of their hips, below TBL (the last pic in attachments)

So my question is, what do YOU guys consider HL???

Attachments

• 6a010534a14a44970b011168c9bc52970c-800wi.jpg
    6a010534a14a44970b011168c9bc52970c-800wi.jpg
    22.5 KB · Views: 124
  • hairfileshairchart-7.jpg
    hairfileshairchart-7.jpg
    422.6 KB · Views: 141
  • hairlengthchart_200.jpg
    hairlengthchart_200.jpg
    14.9 KB · Views: 121

MicheePrings

I think the first two photos demonstrate where the dominant consensus is about hip length

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

Carrie A

Now I follow the first illustration. Once the hair covers the bum, I consider it to be classic length. But it's up to interpretation. When I started LHCF I thought waist length was where you strung your belt. When you "put you hand on your hip", it implies protruding your bum and your hand does fall below the tail-bone. Hip belts in belly dancing fall there too so technically hip could fall lower.

For purposes of hair growth I think most at LHCF follow the first / second pic.

faithVA

I would stick to the 1st two pics. The last one looks like they are starting HL at the top of the thigh. That seems strange to me. I would use anatomical measurements. You can feel your hip bone, and that bone is definitely above your tail bone.

cocosweet

The first two illustrations are correct. The pelvic bone is where the hip begins. That's about 4-6 inches below WL on average. Those who are claiming HL when their hair is at the fullest part of their hip are most likely TBL.

TheVioletVee

I agree with everyone; i think most people are going by the first two illustrations (I know I am). To me, the third one doesn't make sense, because I don't see where classic length would fall.

suns4i6e

mayoo, I think you pose a really good question. Prior to joining this site, had anyone asked where my hips are, I would point to the third illustration. Frankly, that IS where my hips are. For those of us who are hip challenged, if you stand with your legs slightly apart and push your pelvis forward, the roundest area on either side are hips. But for hair purposes, I've come to accept the most common interpretation of HL being the first two illustrations.

SimJam

hmmmmmm for me Hip length for hair length is at my hip bone.

measurements for clothing etc fullest part of my upper thighs/butt