Conditioner-Wash-Conditioner

CurleeDST

Has anyone ever tried this method of washing the hair? If so, what were the results? What products did you use?

Do you think your hair is healthy from using this wash method?

Thanks

ayoung

I recently started doing something like this.

I use my deep conditioner first on dry hair. Let it sit for 30min to 1 hour. (Lekair Aloe Vera )

Then I wash w/ diuted Dr. Bronners Castil Soap

Then I use my regular Suave Coconut conditioner.

I love the way my hair turns out. I used to use the Deep Cond. after washing, but this way is a keeper.

Healthb4Length

I do this once in awhile and it makes my hair ubber soft! In fact I really should do it more often, but I get so lazy in the winter! I start by rinsing my hair with warm water, put a gob of deep conditioner on my ends, sit under a warm cap for 30+ minutes then when I start to wash I put on the shampoo on my scalp only, rinse and then follow up with a light conditioner. This works like a charm for me.

Supergirl

With Love & Silk
I've done this using the NTM Masque first and my hair always comes out nice, soft, and satiny.

onepraying

Healthy Hair Quest..
this is a lot like my beloved MOO POO washing method that Cinnabuns introduced to the board last year!

It the C+COW+C method. Cond. then a mix of cond. and poo. then condish. Lovely. Leaves hair so soft and lush and just....beautiful!

MiWay

I've recently started doing this, and I love the way my hair feels afterwards.

I use an AO conditioner and then add Jojoba oil or Queen Helene Jojoba Hot Oil Treatment (especially to the ends), and put a plastic cap on for at least 20 minutes. Then I wash and condition, or just co-wash.

My hair ends up a lot more manageable this way.

Peachtree

I *always* condition my hair before I poo.
Typically I'll use cheapie conditioners as my pre-poo.
(((( I *always* warm the conditioners & apply them to my *dry* hair ))))
Then I'll proceed to the poo (Soft & Beautiful Botanicals)
Then follow with my conditioner (Elucence Moisturizing)

The above has been my regimen ever since I began my transition 3 yrs ago
Now that I'm natural, the products have changed, but the steps have remained the same :)

oh, the results...
Really soft, tangle free, bouncy hair... (what more can u ask for?!?!)

Last edited:

mscounselor

I consider that a prepoo treatment. I do it ALL the time. It turns out nice only if I use a good conditioner as the second one though.
It really has helped me transition the second time around.

KhandiB

I tried another method...which I now know doenst work for me

BUT

My reg was Shea Butter/Aloe Vera Cholesterol - Poo - Reg Cond
and I will be going back to that :)