Conair Ion Blow Dryer Review

MuseofTroy

About a month ago I purchased the Conair Ion Blow Dryer. I must say that I love it. I'm not a huge advocate of blowdryers since they tend to dry the hair out. However, this particular blow dryer has been left my hair thick, silky, soft and moisterized
trampoline.gif
. After I wash and deep condition my hair (using LeKair or Nature's Therapy under a heating cap for half an hour). I then rinsed and sprayed some leave in conditioner mixed with a little bit of kemi oyl nature hair oil. I set the blow dryer on warm and just focused on my roots. My stylist told me to just concentrate on the roots since the ends tend to dry out. I followed his advice and the rest of my hair dried in half of the time without any breakage. I'm so happy. I think part of the reason why my hair feels so great is because the ion dryer supposely seals in moister and protects the hair cuticle. I highly recommend the Conair Ion blow dryer to any of the ladies who can't deal with the wet hair style. (I tried it for awhile and my hair took a whole day to dry!)
mad.gif
Has anyone else tried ion dryers?

My mother has an ion dryer as well as a brush (from The Sharper Image). There really is a marked difference in the hair after using it for awhile. I really like the brush. Makes my hair silky
smile.gif
I'm still trying to stay away from blow dryers--I promised myself I wouldn't use a blow dryer or curling iron for at least the rest of the summer, even longer if I can handle it. But back when heat was my best friend, I did like that dryer
smile.gif

I'm glad you posted this. I have the Pantene/Panasonic ION dryer and I don't really care for it. It doesn't seem to be any diff. than my other regular blow-dryer.

Ladies who are asking about a comb-attachment--I know a way to get the hair smooth without a comb attachment. This is it pretty much:

1) Blow dry the hair in sections (I do 4, one on each side and two in the back)

2) On each section, blow dry each section until partially-dry by just moving the dryer up and down the section.

3) Continue blow-drying up and down the section but using a wide tooth comb(other hand) and gently combing the section while drying.

4) When almost dry, replace the comg with a paddle brush to straighten out the roots while still blow-drying.

[ QUOTE ]
I'm glad you posted this. I have the Pantene/Panasonic ION dryer and I don't really care for it. It doesn't seem to be any diff. than my other regular blow-dryer.

Ladies who are asking about a comb-attachment--I know a way to get the hair smooth without a comb attachment. This is it pretty much:

1) Blow dry the hair in sections (I do 4, one on each side and two in the back)

2) On each section, blow dry each section until partially-dry by just moving the dryer up and down the section.

3) Continue blow-drying up and down the section but using a wide tooth comb(other hand) and gently combing the section while drying.

4) When almost dry, replace the comg with a paddle brush to straighten out the roots while still blow-drying.

[/ QUOTE ]
Girl I am so uncoordinated...I've tried to use the comb in one hand and thwe dryer in the other so many times...I gave up. I know practice makes perfect...but I loose my patience!

I have Hot Tools dryer without the digital feature. It works very well. My hair dries in less time.

The one I have doesn't have a comb attachment:(. But I do believe there are ion dryers with one. I never really liked the comb attachments b/c my hair it so thick it was ineffective. I use a round boar's hair brush and it works great.

I've seen these blow dryers at Sally's but I never thought of getting one. With the July challenge almost over, I'm definately going to pick one up.
smile.gif

Muse,

Could you tell us exactly which model you have? And if it's possible, would you post a pic? Thanks dear!
wink.gif

[ QUOTE ]
About a month ago I purchased the Conair Ion Blow Dryer. I must say that I love it. I'm not a huge advocate of blowdryers since they tend to dry the hair out. However, this particular blow dryer has been left my hair thick, silky, soft and moisterized

[/ QUOTE ]

Ditto.
I love this dryer.
love.gif

Ladies who want the comb attachment should visit this link.
http://www.ballbeauty.com/ionic_hair_dryers.htm
I have one just like the one on the bottom of the page. I must say that for the past month I've been very...and I do mean "very" satisfied. I ordered it over the phone because I did not want to go into the city. Anyway, my hair is very moist after using it. Glad I decided to give it a try
trampoline.gif

wave.gif
Hi Adrienne. Glad to see you and your long hair again.

Walmart has a Vidal Sassoon Ion dryer for 18.88. The head is small enough so that if you go to Sally's the attachment they sell for like $5 will most likely fit.

I try to stay away from heat, but this does sound good. Is there a cool setting?

[ QUOTE ]
I try to stay away from heat, but this does sound good. Is there a cool setting?

[/ QUOTE ]
Yes, there's a cool setting on the dryer I purchased. There's three settings. Also, it gives you a choice of Ion or Regular Drying. Ion locks moisture in the hair - whereas the Regular drying does just that.
Also, the link I gave is where I purchased it via credit card. The shipment is great. They were out of stock when I ordered and I still got mine within 1 week. They also sent me an email to track my package, so if you or anyone's interested, you should provide your email address.
Good luck
Rose.gif

Back