Comment on this video

BostonMaria

I don't follow her recipe to the last detail but yes I've used coconut milk on my hair. I highly recommend it. I don't know if it loosened my curls because I don't think I left it on my hair for more than 45 minutes. It makes my hair feel very moisturized and shiny.

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

Aireen

She let "relaxer" sit in it for an hour but conditioner for 3 minutes?! I mean I know it doesn't have the harsh chemicals but her logic is off. :perplexed Especially considering the hair looks so dry.

BostonMaria

By the way this how I mix mine:

1 can of coconut milk, coconut oil, olive oil, avocado oil, 1 cup of conditioner. I will use this same recipe plus add 1 bag of Amla powder whenever I want to do an Amla treatment.

My DD makes the same thing, but she adds 1 small avocado. The avocado needs to be a creamy consistency so she puts it inside a food processor.

Aireen it's called a coconut cream "relaxer" but it doesn't have a relaxer in it. The coconut milk and molasses supposedly looses the curl temporarily.

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

Aireen

@Aireen it's called a coconut cream "relaxer" but it doesn't have a relaxer in it. The coconut milk and molasses supposedly looses the curl temporarily.
Yup I know, I'm familar with the method but her concern should not be loosening the curl, it should be getting the hair to look healthier. I couldn't help but notice that the hair appears to be very dry.

Evolving78

Yup I know, I'm familar with the method but her concern should not be loosening the curl, it should be getting the hair to look healthier. I couldn't help but notice that the hair appears to be very dry.

the method seems more of some type of protein treatment. not as strong as mayo/egg, but still protein. is this true? that could be adding to her dryness. i don't see this as a moisturizing treatment, but more of a strengthening treatment.