Color trick

Tracy

I know I know ya'll are gonna rip me to shreads - but I removed my color today and I wanted to share because I thought the method and products might help someone down the road...

I had the Jazzing Red Hot and Gold in my hair but really prefer Adore for application at home. So I wanted a nice red, just like the one I had, but one that I didn't have to mix (like I did with the Jazzing). I picked up Adore Color Rinse in Cajun Spice yesterday and I didn't want to apply the new color over what I had because I didn't think I get an accurate color result and I didn't want the colors to build up either (rinses are primarily silicone based). I also didn't want to wait for it wash out cuz I'm impatient and I wanted to see how the Adore would come out. So here's what I did....

1. Washed and deep conditioned my hair for 30 minutes with a moisturzing conditioner (I used Lanza PP Shampoo and Motions Moisture Plus Cond.)
2. Applied a product called The Uncolor System by Clairol and sat under a dryer with a plastic cap for 30 minutes as the package directions recommended. Be sure to get the one for semipermanent hair ONLY. The permanent color version is not to be used on relaxed hair. If your hair is natural I suppose you could use it, but I can't vouch for it's effectiveness or safeness.
3. Rinsed, washed and deep conditioned my hair again for 30 minutes with a plastic cap (this time around I used the NACIDIT Olive Oil conditioner instead for an intense mositure and oil treatment. I like to get something substantial under the rinse so my hair is nice and protected anyway and then the rinse protects it even more).
4. Apply new color rinse.
5. Apply heat for 30 minutes and allow to cool for 10 minutes before rinsing.
6. Rinse and wash again (I do one lather apiece on these) and then apply a detangling conditioner.
7. Rollerset.

This allows you to remove previous color rinses in the interest of applying a new color OR removing color you dislike. This method only works for semipermanent and temporary color. The Uncolor product removes ALL build up from the hair so the hair feels a bit squeaky when you rinse and wash but as soon as you condition it's back to normal.

Just wanted to let you guys know how to get rid of color since more of us are coloring now. /images/graemlins/grin.gif I actually haven't applied the new rinse yet but if it's really different I'll put pics in my album to show what I got. /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

You really worked girl! I hope you like it, though I thought the other color was gorgeous on you.

Hey Tracy, Definitly agree with Supergirl you were working /images/graemlins/smile.gif. The last color was great please post pics when you finish. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

I want to try this I alomst bought this Thursday, but I wanted to know if you had alot of build up did you have to use the 20 volume developer as suggetsed by the directions to remove it?? Wouldn't that be harsh?? Tracy I need your help!

The one I saw was a powder is that correct or is that the one for Permanent hair color I am glad I didn't buy it! Where are yall purchasing this??

I wish I had known this prior to my color remover disaster. Good lookin' out. I hope I never need it, but if I'm in a situation with color displeasure again; it's nice to have this as a resource.

AYeah the powder is for Permenant color!!! That one is cheaper than the one for semi-permanent!! I saww the powder in Sally's I wonder do they have the liquid one????

Some local beauty supply stores seel them, but it depends on the area. I always can find it when I go home to B-more because I think we use it more than then when I am in SIlver Spring. Where I live now I mostly see the powdered formula, but since I use semi-permi colors I have to search for the liquid formula. I think Sally's sells the liquid formula, but where I live they told me I had to have a cosmo license to purchase it. :( I eventually found it in a local bss

Back