Color rinse on Natural hair

Beltrinicurls

I am thinking about getting a color rinse for the Spring and Summer. I wanted to know if any of you natural hair ladies had a color rinse before? If so, did it damage your hair?

And what brand did you use or would prefer?

Thanks Ladies!

danigurl18

I always do rinses in the summer. I use Adore and sometimes Natural Instincts semi-permaneant and I haven't had any damage. This is from this summer

LuluB

I get rinses every 4 months or so...However my stylist left mine in for maybe 45mins under the drier. The color was melting down my ears and all. That night my hair was so staticky!! A few wks later when i took out my usual cornrows my hair seemed to shed more than before. Does anyone know if leaving a rinse on too long (if this was too long) is damaging to your hair??

NikStarrr

If it's a true RINSE, like Adore, Jazzing, Miss Clairol (basically doesn't have any peroxide), you can just about be 100% sure that it won't cause damage. They just tend to not last that long on natural hair, though. I think semi-permanents (has a small amount of peroxide, usually no ammonia--like Natural Instincts) tend to do better with natural hair. They last longer.

blaqharmoni

ive transitioned back natural now and rinses usually make my hair seem shinier and more conditioned. I usually use adore