Color/ clear rinses

diamoness

Ladies, I want to start back doing color or clear rinses to help maintain the health of my ends in hopes that it will help my layers catch up with the back. The layers/shorter hair in the front and top is so much harder to trim than the even hair in the back. Could doing regular rinses temporarily mend my ends to allow for an easier grow out? And how often can they be done? Also, I'm not sure if I should use Jazzings or Hennalucent. I think I used to use Clairol. /images/graemlins/confused.gif Any suggestions?

azul11

is it only clear rinses that do that? i am wondering if anyone is doing the thing that the hair lady recommended with sealing the ends with foil and a flat iron? i cant find the thread to see who still does this or how effective it is. i would love to know of a method that can seal the ends. i dont want to use a rinse or anything. God bless you all.

Tracy

Diamoness,

I am a big time propenent of rinses - both clear and otherwise - to assist in maintaining a healthy appearance and feel. But I'm not sure about these being able to mend the ends. I truly believe they can be relied on to stop damage before it happens (or at least protect it against damage - mostly manual from overhandling, and sun and styling etc...). I also know first hand that they can help the most badly damaged hair appear healthy if you are not yet ready to remove the damage with scissors. If what you mean is will this help your hair to look and feel better as you grow it out, then the answer is yes...but if you have hair that needs to go alreayd it will have to go eventually.

If your hair is healthy I think rinses and henna can help it stay that way.

My favorite brands are Adore and Sebastian.

HTH /images/graemlins/smile.gif

ngaa

tracy, do rinses have another name?? whats the difference between a colour and clear rinse? and lastly is their main purpose to stop damage?

diamoness

Thanks ngaa and Tracy, I am definately going to start rinses to maintain the health of my hair. Thanks again. Oh, where do you get the adore and how often do you use it?

Tara

After reading these posts, I think I may get a cellophane BEFORE I get my braids this month! I'll keep you guys posted, but from what I read I'm convinced.