Cold water rinse

Lilmama1011

I know cold water rinses are good for keeping in moisture and shininess but I notice a difference from cold and warm rinses. When I did do warm rinses my hair was softer but with cold rinses it seems it's dries my hair out! Anyone's else experience this? Unless its suppose to feel like that for a bit then soften up. Combing it out isn't a big deal just when I am rinsing with cold it feels dry

whiteoleander91

stay at your best ♥
I always use warmish/lukewarm water to rinse my hair, cold water rinses leave my hair feeling hard. Plus it's easier to rinse the condish out with warmer water :)

Lilmama1011

I did a cold rinse will see if I see shininess in me hair when I take my flexirods out, if not I will go back to warm rinses

hannan

I say use warm/hot water to your preference and then spray diluted aloe vera juice or diluted apple cider vinegar. These two have a low pH, so they'll close your cuticle which'll give you the shine you're looking for.

virtuenow

Nonie gives a good response to this. If she doesn't I'll try and quote a post. I could go either way w/warm vs cold rinses. But cold rinses are kinda like torture, huh.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
My Final Rinse, I try to seal everything up with a Cooler/Cold water rinse.

It's at a much lower temperature than what I rinse out my DC'er with.

~*~ShopAholic~*~

My hair is the same way OP, I prefer luke warm water it's like my strands seperate on their own and detangling is a breeze, if any tangles. Cold water locks my strands together making it harder for the comb to glide through. I wonder if my ph being too high is the problem.

Lilmama1011

Sounds like I will be using the apple cider rinse or aloe vera juice then. You can use it in relaxed hair right? Just checking and being extra cautious

claud-uk

My hair is the same way OP, I prefer luke warm water it's like my strands seperate on their own and detangling is a breeze, if any tangles. Cold water locks my strands together making it harder for the comb to glide through. I wonder if my ph being too high is the problem.

I can't tell what you're trying to "show off" in your pic... the cougar physique? the tiny 19" waist? or the long flowing hair? :confused: :lachen:

kupenda

My hair now (natural TWA) and my relaxed hair both liked cool/cold rinses. I only do them in the summer. I just did one about two hours ago. I just do it cuz its fun tho lol. Im not concerned about my cuticles to be honest.