COLD PRESSED CASTOR OIL

CurlyMoo

A week ago I bought some Cold Pressed and Cold Processed Castor Oil, not the edible laxitive. Strickly used as a health and beauty product.

LUVZ IT! :blowkiss:

I use it as a sealant after I moisturize my hair with Cantu Shea Butter Leave-in or just plain water. And Cantu hates to share my hair with anything! My hair is so shiny and supple. :drool: My hair did not shine when i used the lax brands. My hair looks and feels so good, and it's not oily or gritty when it drys. As long as I don't over apply the oil. And my hair is moist all day. Especially when I have my hair in braids or tucked under.

I also used it on my skin and it felt smoother. I do not break out when I use it, like I did with the lax brands. I may cut back to moisturizing every other day now. :scratchch

Does anyone have Cold Pressed Castor Oil? If so, is it the same as the Jamaca Black Castor Oil and the Lax brands? How do you like and use yours? Did you try the castor oil packs?

I bought mine at a health food store on sale, 32oz for $7, I'm thinking of going back to get another one.

Here are the stats:

Ingredient:
Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil.

Product Info:

http://www.homehealthus.com/vf/labels/050132HM.pdf

http://www.homehealthus.com/flash_content/home.asp

HHG :grin:

Jazzmommy

I have some for health reasons but I have never tried it on my hair. It's by Baar and the ingredients : 100% natural cold processed and cold processed castor oil. I've used the laxatative type on my hair. When I take my braids out I'll check it out..

msa

I didn't realize there was a difference between the home health brand and the laxative kind. I've only always used the home health cold processed/pressed.

I love it though. Keeps my hair soft and moisturized. All I use to moisturize is water and then put castor oil over it. I know someone said it's one of the oils that penetrates the strand as well.

Evazhair

that's the brand I have. It lasts a long time too. Bought it last summer and still have plenty. Got it from whole foods.

FelaShrine

I have that brand too! I've had this stuff for several months and it's still not halfway empty. I got it from Vitamin Shoppe. Normally, I use it to seal.

I never used JBCO, but I've used the lax brands and they just seem thicker and stickier. It used to make my hair feel funny if I used too much.

CurlyMoo

Thank you ladies, I noticed the difference between the lax brands and the beauty brand that i have now. My waves and curls are much smoother.

tenderheaded

With cold pressed castor oil, no chemicals are used to extract the oil. It's supposed to be pure. I love CO so much I bought (3) 32 oz bottles form www.oilsbynature.com in May. I use it from head to toe with wonderful success:yep::yep::yep: