Coffee for Hair Growth!

Naturefreegirl

I donot drink coffee and donot have a coffee maker at home, so can I just go to dunkin donuts or something and get some coffee to do the rinse with. And also can I save some of the same coffee for a later use, or should each rinse be with fresh coffee?

luckiestdestiny

I donot drink coffee and donot have a coffee maker at home, so can I just go to dunkin donuts or something and get some coffee to do the rinse with. And also can I save some of the same coffee for a later use, or should each rinse be with fresh coffee?
I went to starbucks. Just ask if it's instant or not. I don't have a coffee maker either. I had enough to save for my next rinse too, as I ordered a large. Go for it!

Tamrin

unapologetic
Ok Ladies, I did it. I brewed some expresso. filtered it. Let it cool down a bit. I was she my hair and DCed with Aubrey's Organic HoneySuckle rose for 25 mins under dryer. In the applied a little more AO HR and detangled. Thats stuff is gold.

rinsed and pour the coffee on my hair going backwards. I let it sit for 2 mins on my hair. Rinsed off the coffee with cool almost old water. I Applies a little conditioner ran the shower comb thru a few times, rinsed with cold water. My hair felt so good. No Shedding.

When I got out, I put in a little Salerm21 mixed with a little MT as leave in sealed with coconut oil anf wet bunned.

I feel a bit awake. I will be fine. I wil be doing this 3X a week along with my MT. Wish me luck.

discobiscuits

i have an idea. lets all put containers in the bins @ starbucks. that way every time someone pours coffee we collect it. we can use that and it is FREE!!!! LOL :laugh:

*crickets*

it was a joke....maybe a bad one, but it was supposed to be funny LOL

Tamrin

unapologetic
i have an idea. lets all put containers in the bins @ starbucks. that way every time someone pours coffee we collect it. we can use that and it is FREE!!!! LOL :laugh:

*crickets*

it was a joke....maybe a bad one, but it was supposed to be funny LOL

Girl just go to the supermarket buy some expresso ground its about 3 buck for the cheapest (with no sale). I got mine on sale at 1.67 You do not need a lot. Just 2 table spoons. It will last you a while. LOL too funny though imagine the look on the face of the folks at starbucks. :lachen::lachen:

salseraaa

For the girls that had their mothers rinse their hair with coffee for shedding and growth. Did your mothers rinse out the coffee or leave it in? I'd really like some feedback on that.

I am getting tired of letting the coffee sit in my hair, then rinsing later ... it's staining some of my clothes. I'm going to get some caffeine powder to leave in.

Last edited:
Ok Ladies, I did it. I brewed some expresso. filtered it. Let it cool down a bit. I was she my hair and DCed with Aubrey's Organic HoneySuckle rose for 25 mins under dryer. In the applied a little more AO HR and detangled. Thats stuff is gold.

rinsed and pour the coffee on my hair going backwards. I let it sit for 2 mins on my hair. Rinsed off the coffee with cool almost old water. I Applies a little conditioner ran the shower comb thru a few times, rinsed with cold water. My hair felt so good. No Shedding.

When I got out, I put in a little Salerm21 mixed with a little MT as leave in sealed with coconut oil anf wet bunned.

I feel a bit awake. I will be fine. I wil be doing this 3X a week along with my MT. Wish me luck.

Glad the rinse turned out well. Good luck!

For the girls that had their mothers rinse their hair with coffee for shedding and growth. Did your mothers rinse out the coffee or leave it in? I'd really like some feedback on that.

I am getting tired of letting the coffee sit in my hair, then rinsing later ... it's staining some of my clothes. I'm going to get some caffiene powder to leave in.

I wonder if using coffee in a spray bottle a good substitute for the rinse? May be it wouldn't drip and stain as much. I've been spraying coffee in my braids and I haven't had problems yet.

discobiscuits

Girl just go to the supermarket buy some expresso ground its about 3 buck for the cheapest (with no sale). I got mine on sale at 1.67 You do not need a lot. Just 2 table spoons. It will last you a while. LOL too funny though imagine the look on the face of the folks at starbucks. :lachen::lachen:
:laugh:

hey, let us (read me) know if the coffee darkens your hair. i've already decided i choose to be too lazy to do coffee rinses so let me know. i've got some grays....

Lenee925

:laugh:

hey, let us (read me) know if the coffee darkens your hair. i've already decided i choose to be too lazy to do coffee rinses so let me know. i've got some grays....

Hey girl I have naturally red hair, and it didn't darken today after my dark coffee rinse. I also ordered the German caffeine shampoo from Alpecin you mentioned! Yay for the unofficial caffeine trials!

ETA: I've never used growth aids as I tend to think most growth seen is by people who have longer anagen or just retaining more growth due to all the extra care! I don't have a long growth phase I know that for a fact. I'm not expecting miracles but maybe this can help lengthen my anagen a bit?

Last edited:

luckiestdestiny

I am getting tired of letting the coffee sit in my hair, then rinsing later ... it's staining some of my clothes. I'm going to get some caffeine powder to leave in.
Really? I am not able to answer the question of the mother's thing, but the staining? I was afraid of staining in my tub and no staining, and same with clothes. But I did wratp a huge blue towel around my neck, and tighten it so that none could drip on my clothes. Maybe that's why.

luckiestdestiny

Hey girl I have naturally red hair, and it didn't darken today after my dark coffee rinse. I also ordered the German caffeine shampoo from Alpecin you mentioned! Yay for the unofficial caffeine trials!

ETA: I've never used growth aids as I tend to think most growth seen is by people who have longer anagen or just retaining more growth due to all the extra care! I don't have a long growth phase I know that for a fact. I'm not expecting miracles but maybe this can help lengthen my anagen a bit?
That's why I'm thinking it's win win. Like even if there's isn't much growth, but my growing period is lengthend by 37 percent of so then why not! Why not gosh darn it! More hair for me! Basically that means in the long run, each year no matter what we'll have more growth because we will have less of a resting stage. Ahhhh ha ha ha!!!!:creatures:band2::love::clapping::dance7::

Well you get the point!

DarkHair

I just made my coffee (dark roast). I put 2 cups in a measuring cup and let it cool. I shampood my hair regularly with Aphogee for damaged hair, 2xs. Then I poured the coffee over my hair. I then sealed it with Profective Mega Growth conditioner for 10 minutes. My scalp did start to tingle :giggle: Then I rinsed it out and went about my regular regimen (leave-in, heat protectant, etc). My hair is currently dry, smells like coffee, and has that swang. I've not put on any more product on my hair yet, and i still feel my scalp tingling. No lie (if I were a girl scout, I'd say 'girl scout's honor).

ETA: DH was staring at me and my measuring cup of coffee and walked out.

Last edited:

luckiestdestiny

PROOF THIS FAST?

BELOW ARE PICS OF MY BANGS ONLY. 2 1/2 WEEKS PROGRESS WITH SPURT HAPPENING THIS WEEK AGAIN! This time a big leap in my opinion for 2 weeks! with this week being week two where I used coffee adding to my nettle regimen. I I know this is a fast update, but I am going to just copy and post what I put in freakish growth. If you need proof, just go there...type "freakish growth" in search and you'll see my update as I did that thread on Oct 25th and you can see the difference in my growth from here to now. I am also going to say that other things attributed to another growth spurt which is why I'll be posting this is the nettle/peach thread too. So here's part of that thread, so you'll know what's going on. If you want to see the starting pics from earlier in Oct, go to that thread. I am only going to put two pics below. One from Oct 25, and if you click it says the date, and one from Nov 14th. If you click the pic, as it was taken with my cell, it says the date it was taken. Both 2008.

Here's part of that post that I'll also paste in the peach/nettle section as I've started doing that too (my tea rinse has peach pit in it and strain. Could coffee have helped, or is it the tea rinse and coffee? :

Okay so this is an UPDATE to this thread. There is a lot of growth so I want to share what I was doing originally and what I am doing now: I am now putting in Pic five of my bangs for this date. Please look at pic 4. If you want to click it, it will show Oct 25 2008 on it as that was the date it was taken. I just took this one so it will say Nov 14th on it 2008. I use my bangs as a reference because even when I braid my hair up, I leave out some bangs and swoop them to the side. And please I know I don't cut them even, I'm not perfect. That's not the point! I am also letting them grow some more until they are possibly longer then chin length, and then they can have that sexy longer swoop to the side thing going on. I will then cut to even. So anyways I took a pic of the same area again now, and you can see for yourself. The 4th one barely touched my bottom lip with a part of it slightly grazing over. The one weeks later is going in between lip and chin and I have 11 days before Nov 25th almost two more full weeks of growth. Who knows what will happen! Keep in mind, no growth until this week and then another mad growth spurt. The only thing I changed since last time which could've contributed to what I was already doing is below.

I did have a growth spurt originally from eating right but that soon stopped. Then last week, all of a sudden my hair had another. I did change a few things I still eat a lot of veggies but I added 1-2 eggs breakfast, and also fish 3 times a week (well this week it was fried fish sandwich, some shrimp tempura, and a piece of grilled fish. I was craving fried so leave me alone I hardly ever do it so I went a little overboard) Also I've been washing my hair with nettle rinse (just added peach pits and strained last week to that nettle rinse), as a final rinse. I also drink a cup of nettle tea a day. I also tried coffee wash this week too, so I don't know which took off. If you want to know in detail what I did step by step let me know, but I know my eyes aren't deceiving me. I didn't want this post to be a novel so I'm just writing a basic write up for now. I can only imagine how fast the rest of my hair is growing if my bangs which are always manipulated are growing this fast). MAKE SURE TO CHECK OUT PIC 4 AND 5 Oh and please, I am no longer freaked about my growth as I just started trying to enhance it, so disregard that part of the thread...

Attachments

• 10-24-08_2147[3].jpg
    10-24-08_2147[3].jpg
    4.5 KB · Views: 62
  • 11-14-08_0126.jpg
    11-14-08_0126.jpg
    4.8 KB · Views: 61
Last edited:

cocochanty

I just made my coffee (dark roast). I put 2 cups in a measuring cup and let it cool. I shampood my hair regularly with Aphogee for damaged hair, 2xs. Then I poured the coffee over my hair. I then sealed it with Profective Mega Growth conditioner for 10 minutes. My scalp did start to tingle :giggle: Then I rinsed it out and went about my regular regimen (leave-in, heat protectant, etc). My hair is currently dry, smells like coffee, and has that swang. I've not put on any more product on my hair yet, and i still feel my scalp tingling. No lie (if I were a girl scout, I'd say 'girl scout's honor).

ETA: DH was staring at me and my measuring cup of coffee and walked out.
:lachen:

too funny

luckiestdestiny

:lachen:[/b]

too funny
I believe you. I did get a tingle. Either way received a growth spurt this week. It's above your post with pics. I did the coffee rinse at the beginning of the week, but I've also been doing nette for a few weeks...couple..er some where between 2 and 3. Either way in 2 1/2 weeks I had a major jump. It did not even grow until the end of this week when I checked just now, from then until now. Check it out. I think the coffee and the nettle have something to do with it. I've also been eating different, but I think that coffee and nettle were a huge factor.

D_Marie

I'm thinking about pouring a one times supply of conditioner in a bottle and adding some coffee to it? That should help with application and it shouldn't drip much if I use a thick conditioner like AOHSR.

luckiestdestiny

I'm thinking about pouring a one times supply of conditioner in a bottle and adding some coffee to it? That should help with application and it shouldn't drip much if I use a thick conditioner like AOHSR.
Let us know how it goes! Conditioner is going to have to be on the scalp though as the caffeine is supposed to benefit through entering the hair follicles. We're all experimenters at this point!

EMJazzy

Happily retired
I found a 4oz spray pump bottle (in the midst of my many empty containers :look:) I put 2 caffeine pills in the bottle and then filled it up with hot water. After the pills dissolved I shook the bottle then sprayed the parts of my two strand twists. I felt the tingles right away.

This will be the 2nd way that I will be applying in addition to occasionally mixing it with JBCO.

My hair follicles are AWAKE...it might be a caffeine high :lachen: but they are definitely awake. :yep:

kitamay

I did a black tea rinse with apple cinnamon and it felt pretty good. I left it on for about 5 minutes after shampooing, then I applied my conditioner. I felt a nice tingle. I like it. I will try it again my next wash day. My DH wouldn't let me try it with coffee because he said he couldn't take the smell.lol

luckiestdestiny

I did a black tea rinse with apple cinnamon and it felt pretty good. I left it on for about 5 minutes after shampooing, then I applied my conditioner. I felt a nice tingle. I like it. I will try it again my next wash day. My DH wouldn't let me try it with coffee because he said he couldn't take the smell.lol

The apple cinnamon tea must've left your hair smelling really good!