coarse new growth? weirddd

meia

lol hi everyone!

has anyone here ever noticed that after getting a relaxer, when it starts to grow out, the roots get extra coarse? its not really nappy on my head but just really really coarse..

i stopped using wgo for a while and started up recently using a lot a week at least 2 or 3 times..now im noticing that my hair is experiencing accelerated growth but its weird..maybe my hair is getting coarse because its growing faster than it usually does..

hmmmm...i dont know..lol just asking around to see if anyone experienced a similar thing..

-meia

Sweet_Ambrosia

Yeah thats the norm for me, my new growth is always coarse/thick. The more new growth I have the more I tend to moisturize it, I use S-curl No Drip Spray to keep it soft and more manageable.

meia

yeaaa im just coming off a no lye relaxer..hmm i didnt even know that..lol..that makes sense cos my new growth is usually softer without a relaxer in it --- THAT MAKES SO MUCH SENSE!

---
im DEFINITELY willing to try those products you suggested! i just gotta get money! hahahaha..damn broke ass college student! hahaha:lachen:

THANKS BOTH OF YALL FOR REPLYING!
-meia

candita

meia said:
lol hi everyone!

has anyone here ever noticed that after getting a relaxer, when it starts to grow out, the roots get extra coarse? its not really nappy on my head but just really really coarse..

i stopped using wgo for a while and started up recently using a lot a week at least 2 or 3 times..now im noticing that my hair is experiencing accelerated growth but its weird..maybe my hair is getting coarse because its growing faster than it usually does..

hmmmm...i dont know..lol just asking around to see if anyone experienced a similar thing..

-meia

that's totally what happens with mine. Even after con washing and adding my carrot oil creme, it's like my new growth just drinks it up and is so much dryer and more coarse then the rest of my hair. :lol:

DiamondStar

I have this one section of new growth that is always dry and coarse, and it actually hurts when I touch that area of my scalp. There are no sores or baldness in that area. I don't know if it's scab hair or what, but Wild Growth Oil alleviates the pain in that area and gets rid of the dryness. I apply it to the scalp and the hair, and like magic, the dryness disappears...No other moisturizer or creme gets rid of the dryness. :D