Clips Extensions As A Long Time Protective Style.

beingofserenity

I've been wearing mine for a few weeks, but I'm no expert lol.

I make sure that I can't feel that they are clipped in, so not tight at all. I apply coconut oil and/or hair serum everyday to every few days. They both absorb into my hair. I blow my hair out, so I don't have advice about natural clip-ins. I don't think this is a protective style, but it's very low maintenance and my clip ins look like my actual hair.

Tefnut

I would say cornrows would be the best way to go, especially if working with coily hair. Depending on the style, you could keep it in 4-6 weeks. Your hair would be protected and you could easily oil and moisturize your hair and scalp.

I would say cornrows would be the best way to go, especially if working with coily hair. Depending on the style, you could keep it in 4-6 weeks. Your hair would be protected and you could easily oil and moisturize your hair and scalp.
Do you suggest to remove the clips daily to hydrate my hair?

Britt

I plan on doing this when I take my weave out. I want to get some clip ins from hair given hair and wash and condition my hair, braid it in some cornrows and make a leave out and put the clip ins in my hair.

Tefnut

No, you don't have to. If you get your hair braided like women do when they get weaves where you have horizontal rows or even into style where it's circular, you can get to your scalp and hair.

Tamika Bell is a stylist who grows people's hair long using weaves (she's on here). Here's a video of her showing how to moisturize hair under a weave. It's the same concept with clip ins. Make sure you deep condition and moisturize your hair braid it up and use the clip ins.

Do you suggest to remove the clips daily to hydrate my hair?

Tefnut

Big Chop is good. She has sales and the clips will last over a year (or longer) if you deep condition (monthly), detangle and moisturize like you do your own.

Subscribing.

I hope you don't mind, @Fleurdemai, if I ask for natural hair clip recommendations for 4a, coily, O-shaped hair? TIA to any and everyone for advice/tips.