Clear Rinses

laketta

I am having trouble finding product that give shine to my hair besides sheen sprays. (Sheen sprays tend to dry out my hair) My hair is natural and tends not to reflect light very well. Is it a good idea to use a clear rinse. Have any of you tried this?

hi lakettab
wave.gif

i think that you would like clear by clairol radiance colorgloss...you can buy it at sally's.

I tried the clear Clairol Jazzing once to see if it would give me any extra shine, but it seemed like my hair looked the same as usual.

I recommended this to someone else here the other day. You might want to try a bit of meadowfoam seed oil. It's a wonderful oil for extra shine. You can check it out at Nature's Wild Child.com. It's excellent! The smell has a touch of citrus which is nice, too.

What about trying some neutral henna "spiked" for extra moisture in the process?

~Jade~

I agree, Katrine, you have beautiful hair.
smile.gif

Regarding using the honey as a rinse, are you ever left with any stickiness in your hair when you do it?

I get a slear rinse every time I get my hair pressed. Not only does it give a beautiful shine, but it also protects your hair. I am not sure whcih brand my beautician uses though.

-lee

[ QUOTE ]
Katrine your hair is beautiful look at all those waves.
smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
I love the waves. Yours are very pretty.

Thank you Nessa, leejure, Supergirl and Cindy
smile.gif
smile.gif

Cindy I have not experienced any stickyness.

You can instead mix the honey half and half with a conditioner and then rinse. This works like a deep treatment along with increasing shine.

Katrine your hair is REALLY stunning. The curls are so defined
shocked.gif
What is your hairtype? What do you use for hold? I can never get my hair under control, its always Diana Ross-like. I'm always stuck with a ponytail/puff
cry3.gif

again your hair IS
shocked.gif
love.gif
shocked.gif

I have highlights and I would like to try the clear rinse by Adore (Creative Image).
I want more sheen and I believe this product can help me get it.
Do you think this is a good idea eventhough my hair is already color-treated?

[ QUOTE ]
Katrine your hair is REALLY stunning. The curls are so defined
shocked.gif
What is your hairtype? What do you use for hold? I can never get my hair under control, its always Diana Ross-like. I'm always stuck with a ponytail/puff
cry3.gif

again your hair IS
shocked.gif
love.gif
shocked.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
Sorry for vying away from the topic. Here is a recipe you might want to try. I had to look for it. I've been meaning to try it but never came around it.
Shiny Hair Rinse More Bath & Shower Solutions
Adapted from The Herbal Home Spa by Greta Breedlove (Storey Books, 1998).
This simple kitchen-cupboard recipe corrects the hair’s pH and removes residue from shampoo and other hair products, creating a healthy-looking shine and bringing out the natural highlights in your hair.

Now that the spring sun is out, let it show the shine in your hair!

Consumer Guide Summary:
INGREDIENTS

If you don’t want even the slightest lightening of color, omit the lemon juice and double the vinegar.

Juice from ½ lemon
2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
1 cup water

To make:
1. Combine all ingredients in a pitcher or jar and mix well.

To use:
1. Shampoo and rinse hair as usual.

2. Pour the mixture on your hair and massage into the scalp and through the hair.

3. Rinse thoroughly with cool water.

Tell us the results if you decide to try it.
smile.gif

TY EgyptianSand:)

My hairtype is 3B. I just use regular conditioner and sometimes oils. I only comb when wet.

Have you tried letting your hair dry in two braids (or in a bun)? That always give me nice defined waves.

Another thing (which I dont have patience to do) is twisting sections around your finger all over your head and letting airdry.

Back