Clairol Beautiful Collection - Does it cover greys?

toinette

Tricking the president
I have the Darkest Brown shade and want to use it on my aunt. She has some grey hairs in the front of her hair around the perimeter/temples. Has anyone used this product to cover greys? How long did it last? How did you process it? On the product itself it says to process under heat for 10 minutes and then cool for 5 minutes to cover grey but I dont know if thats long enough. Oh and she's natural (4a) if that makes a difference.

JusPhabulous40

I've used the black version and allowed it to stay on for approximately 40 mins under a warm blow dryer. I'm transitioning so aside from the last touch-up that I got in early Feb, this is the only chemical treatment that I have in my hair.

I like the coverage. My gray areas are more concentrated around the edges and they are bright white and resistant! The color came out even and I haven't noticed any drying or "crunchiness".

Hope this helps!

jcdlox

I used the beautiful collection but found that it didn't last more than 3 weeks before the greys were back. I usually process it under the dryer for 15-20 minutes. I've since switched to their Advanced Gray Solution (AGS) and it lasts much longer. I still sit under the dryer for 15-20 minutes. Only drawback is they only have about 5 colors in the AGS kind.