Chicoro's Leave In Mix??

divachyk

Instagram: adaybyjay
I forgot about the glycerin until reading these posts. The mix still works well.

Although I might be getting glycerin from some of my personal add-ins (Salerm 21 B5 leave in, ApHogee Keratin & Green tea spray). I know the Salerm has Panthenol.

Anyway, the aloe juice and EVOO really does a lot.

I find my hair really keeps with the theory on glycerin usage based on the humidity and dew point but I'm willing to give it a try to see if my hair likes it. Do you use the mix with / without the optional items?

RelaxednNapulous

I find my hair really keeps with the theory on glycerin usage based on the humidity and dew point but I'm willing to give it a try to see if my hair likes it. Do you use the mix with / without the optional items?

I only use aloe juice and EVOO, completely forgot the glycerine, but have been considering buying some juice because of the success of the Jherri Juice challenges. I know Salerm 21 B5 leave in has panthenol.

I just checked the ingredients on BlueBeez and the Salerm also has glycerin and it's higher up than the panthenol! So, even though I was opting to only use aloe & EVOO from Chicoro's recipe, mixing in my fave products ended up adding a lot of the other ingredients. I probably added the Salerm because I checked the label back when I made the mix.

mEmYSELFaNDj

Anyone out there still using any of Chicoro's recipes; the leave-in, pre-poo, or her gel?

I've been using the gel recipe and I love it!! It lays my hair down so smooth, it's not drying or flaky.

I hadn't seen anyone post the gel recipe in this thread so here it goes(I got this recipe from her fotki):

All Natural Homemade Hair Gel

This gel was inspired by Aubrey Organics B5 Gel and the very lovely Gypsycurls from You Tube.

Basic Ingredients:
1. Whole Leaf Aloe Vera Gel (1/4 cup)
2. Oil (1/8 cup) - Any kind will do!
3. Guar Gum (1 teaspoon)
***I Forgot Glycerin!! Oops
4. Glycerin

Pour aloe vera gel into container.
Add oil.
Add guar gum 1 teaspoon at a time.

Keep the mix thin. Messed up? Like Gypsycurls says, "Just add more aloe vera gel to thin it. You can't mess it up"

I say start out with just a small quantity just in case you don't like it.

I used jojoba oil in my gel mixture. And she didnt say how much glycerin she used in hers so I just kinda put some in there idk how much i used either. Sorry

ETA: She also suggest only using this on wet hair and on top of whatever leave in or moisturizer you use.

Last edited:

faithVA

[USER=111997 said:
mEmYSELFaNDj[/USER];14083309]Anyone out there still using any of Chicoro's recipes; the leave-in, pre-poo, or her gel?

I've been using the gel recipe and I love it!! It lays my hair down so smooth, it's not drying or flaky.

I hadn't seen anyone post the gel recipe in this thread so here it goes(I got this recipe from her fotki):

This gel was inspired by Aubrey Organics B5 Gel and the very lovely Gypsycurls from You Tube.

Basic Ingredients:
3. Guar Gum (1 teaspoon)
4. Glycerin

Add oil.

Keep the mix thin. Messed up? Like Gypsycurls says, "Just add more aloe vera gel to thin it. You can't mess it up"

I used jojoba oil in my gel mixture.

Thanks, I hadn't seen this or I ignored it because I didn't have Guar Gum. I think I would like making this better than the flax seed gel.

Where did you get your guar gum from? What is guar gum?

Golden75

#NOMOREHAIRPRODUCTS
No. But the newsletter I received today is the same one someone posted on 3/25/11 :lol:. The only one I tried was the pre-poo - great recipe

Golden75

#NOMOREHAIRPRODUCTS
Thanks, I hadn't seen this or I ignored it because I didn't have Guar Gum. I think I would like making this better than the flax seed gel.

ITA agree. That flax gel -MESSY!!! And I couldn't even use it.

faithVA

Anyone out there still using any of Chicoro's recipes; the leave-in, pre-poo, or her gel?

I use both the pre-poo and leave-in recipes. I don't pre-poo on the regular but when I do I use this recipe. And i modify the leave-in recipe as I make it based on how I feel. Sometimes I don't add the glycerin and I may play around with the amount of oil. This last time I did AVG/oil and water for no special reason. I do like using AVG versus water because my still causes my hair to start matting at the root. The AVG doesn't do this.

mEmYSELFaNDj

I got the guar gum from my local health food store called Henry's. Its in powder form. It is a thickener and and an emulsifier. It suspends the oil and aloe vera together. It binds or emulsifies the mixture. Basically it what actually makes the other items come together and be a gel like consistency.

Golden75

#NOMOREHAIRPRODUCTS
@faithVA - vitaminshoppe carries it. Seems like its something that can be found in any health food store. Didn't think it would be something I can find on ground.

maybe i'll try this but tweak with what I have.

faithVA

@[URL="http://www.longhaircareforum.com/member.php?u=111997" said:
mEmYSELFaNDj[/URL];14083553]I got the guar gum from my local health food store called Henry's. Its in powder form. It is a thickener and and an emulsifier. It suspends the oil and aloe vera together. It binds or emulsifies the mixture. Basically it what actually makes the other items come together and be a gel like consistency.

@[URL="http://www.longhaircareforum.com/member.php?u=75475" said:
Golden75[/URL];14083731]@faithVA - vitaminshoppe carries it. Seems like its something that can be found in any health food store. Didn't think it would be something I can find on ground.

maybe i'll try this but tweak with what I have.

Thanks... I looked it up on Amazon and the bag looks like something I've seen before, so I probably have seen it in a health food store. Maybe I will check into it over the weekend. I need to go to the VitaminShoppe to pick up some vitamins anyway. And I have a $10 off coupon if I spend $50.

LadyMacgyver

Basic Ingredients:
3. Guar Gum (1 teaspoon)
4. Glycerin

Add oil.

I used jojoba oil in my gel mixture. And she didnt say how much glycerin she used in hers so I just kinda put some in there idk how much i used either. Sorry

Is this heated over the stove or you can just add the guar gum without the ingredients being heated..

NaturalfienD

Bumping this thread ...

Used the pre-poo mix over the weekend and I loved it. Instead of putting the AVJ and oil in a bowl to dip my hair in, I put them in a spray bottle and misted my hair. I had some random oils in an applicator bottle that I wanted to get rid of so used that in lieu of the recommended coconut oil. All in all, I had great results.

HHG!!

nomadpixi

Bumping, I'd like to know if anyone is still using the b5 mix? If so, what's been your experience with it?