Check Out My Very First Hair Album

<b> Check Out My Very First Hair Album </b>

Hi ladies :) ,

Well I have been a lurker for waaaay too long :look: . I just created my very first hair album on Fotki. I guess that means I'm an official member of LHCF huh!?! :grin:

Last edited:
WOW... you've got some hair on you! :eek: I wish my hair stretched from above my ear like yours does! How long have you been natural and what is your regimen?

Happy hair growing :antlers:.

Hi ladies,

Thank you for the compliments. I just wanted to acknowledge you comments really quickly...a lot of work to do today. I will see if I can get my regimen posted during lunch today.

...be back soon! :grin:

Wow! your hair is amazing!!:D .. I cannot believe how much shrinkage you have that is incredible. Welcome to the board!

Hello ladies...I'm back. Okay, the answers to your questions have long stories attached but I'll keep it brief.

- This was my hair back in 2003. At that time it was completely natural and had been so for about 3.5 - 4 years I think...maybe a little less. I had had sooo many setbacks though. My regimen back then wasn't consistent at all and still isn't but that will be changing soon. Basically I kept in in twists about 90% of the time. I had trouble with dryness back then as well so I ended up putting Shea Moisture Leave in on it daily, which kept it nice and soft. I also would put vaseline on top of that many times to seal it. I usually washed my hair once per week.

- I am currently texturized. I've gotten my hair texturized twice at a salon in NY. It was waaaaay too expensive and way to long of a trip so I haven't been back. I think what really did it though was the fact that my hair wasn't really done to my expectations the last time I went so I figured, why pay all this money to someone else. Therefore I will be texturizing my own hair this coming Saturday...as long as I don't scratch it too much in the interim. I've never texturized my hair before so I'm really trying to get good advice from the veterans here to make sure I do it right without overlapping or getting fuzzy results.

- The longest layer in my hair is about 2" away from bra-strap.

- Once I get it re-texturized...hasn't been done in about 7-8 months (aaarrrrrggghhh)...it should be much more manageable. Beginning Saturday I am planning to implement a new regimen. I am going to post it in my next message because I think this one is getting long...

...be right back! :D

Here is the current condition of my hair:

- Way overdue for texturizer

- Straight pieces from previous texturizers (at a NY salon)

- Longest piece reaches approximately 1.5-2” from top bra-strap

- Top front and top of head (middle) have some breakage at ends…probably will need to cut it once texturized

- September will be first time I put in my own texturizer (Motions Oil Moisture Lye Conditioner)

Okay...so here it goes...my new regimen. I'll begin this new hair care plan after I texturize, which will hopefully be this weekend. I think this new plan, if consistently followed, will help me reach my ultimate goal.

:grin: NEW HAIR PLAN :grin:

AS NEEDED
- - Texturize Hair
- - Hot Oil Treatment

NIGHTS

- Condition wash (3-5 times per week)

- After condition wash:

o Apply moisturizer

o Do bantu knots or twists to set while wet

o Satin scarf and go to bed

o Sta So Soft spray in the morning, protective style and go!

WEEKLY

- Shampoo (Creme Of Nature/Mizani/Pantene)

- Deep condition and massage scalp

- Comb out

- Set hair in twists for my Sunday twist out style for church

FAVORITE PRODUCTS

- Shampoo

o Pantene Relaxed and Natural

o Crème of Nature

o Dr. Bronner’s Peppermint

o Deva Curl No Poo** (I think this reduces shedding)

- Conditioner

o Pantene Relaxed and Natural

o Mizani MoistureFuse**
o Mizani Fulfyl

Awwww...thank you everyone for the compliments. I really appreciate the good feedback on my hair.

Actually I'm going to do my texturizer retouch by myself for the very first time. :eek: I'm going to be beeeeerry...beeeeerry careful. I just pray that I get the timing right so I have really nice curl definition without all the frizz...just a nice balance...not to thin/flat either.

To answer your question Blessedangl...this is what I think are the benefits...ladies feel free to chim in on this, but here are my thoughts.

I made the choice to texturize versus stay natural/relax my hair because of the following benefits:

- versatility (I can wear it in natural styles like twists, curly - if processes correctly, or straight)
- straightened hair with texturizer stays straight longer from what I hear
- hair is stronger with texturizer as opposed to relaxer
- easier to comb over staying natural
- softer than staying natural
- have more fullness than when relaxed
- more curl definition than when natural
- i just look better with fuller hair
- there seems to be more room for error with texturizer than relaxer in terms of damage to your hair (Because you only keep a perm in for a short time, if you happen to overlap during a retouch the worse that could happen is your hair would be less curly in that section but most likely won't break off if you're caring for it properly; with a perm on the other hand, if your hair is already straight and you overlap it will probably break off)

Okay...those are the benefits that I can think of...can anyone else think of some more that might help Blessedangl out?!? :D

I hope that helps! :)

Back