Blow Dryers - Ionic, Ceramic, Regular

Avaya

Do any of you ladies out there use the new ionic blow dryers? What about the ionic ceramic blow dryers? Are they all a bunch of hype or are they really better for your hair?

I saw an ionic blow dryer at Sally's for only $20 but there is this ionic ceramic blow dryer that I would like as well (it's like $40-$60; can't exactly remember).

Any advice? Thanks!

SweetDreams

I use to work at Sally's. They say that the ions dry your hair faster, so that means less damage to your hair.

Ceramic irons are suppose to heat more evenly and have no hot spots, meaning less damage also.

Hope that helps!

AnjelLuvs

I confess..I broke down and brought the CHI Turbo Pro Cermic blow dryer, and right now...I dont see how people use a regular one, because after blowing with that bad boy... I hardly had to flat iron...
My hair came out super soft and str8...and I am 8+ weeks past relaxer, and you cant tell I got new growth....well now you can because I sweated my hair out, but when I first did it, YOU COULDNT TELL ME ANYTHING....lol
plus thee dry time beats out anything else...

Last edited:

mrslee

Love yourself first!
PrincessAvaya said:
Do any of you ladies out there use the new ionic blow dryers? What about the ionic ceramic blow dryers? Are they all a bunch of hype or are they really better for your hair?

I saw an ionic blow dryer at Sally's for only $20 but there is this ionic ceramic blow dryer that I would like as well (it's like $40-$60; can't exactly remember).

Any advice? Thanks!

I purchased an Ionic Ceramic Blow Dryer a few weeks ago. I can tell the difference! It didnt take long to dry and my hair came out straighter! I love it!

L

lkg4healthyhair

AnjelLuvsUBabe said:
I confess..I broke down and brought the CHI Turbo Pro Cermic blow dryer, and right now...I dont see how people use a regular one, because after blowing with that bad boy... I hardly had to flat iron...
My hair came out super soft and str8...and I am 8+ weeks past relaxer, and you cant tell I got new growth....well now you can because I sweated my hair out, but when I first did it, YOU COULDNT TELL ME ANYTHING....lol

Anjel did you use a comb attachment? I have not blow dried my hair in a long time. My plan was to let it airdry then flat iron it, but I would like to have a good one just in case.

lexi08

AnjelLuvsUBabe said:

Anjel,

I would also like to know whether you used a comb attachment or brush? Where did you purchase the dryer?

Avaya

mrslee said:
I purchased an Ionic Ceramic Blow Dryer a few weeks ago. I can tell the difference! It didnt take long to dry and my hair came out straighter! I love it!

Which one did you purchase? I am considering an Andis.

baglady215

I bought an Andis. It came last week but I haven't used it yet. It got it on sale at Amazon for $30.00. I will let you ladies know how I like it when I try it out.

Amazon

AnjelLuvs

Unfortunately, this blow dryer does not come with a comb attachment... So, I just used my wide tooth comb, and a round brush(like domincians) to get my hair extra str8... Got it from Ebay for an even $100... Although, it did come with a diffuser, which I dont know what to do with

mrslee

Love yourself first!
PrincessAvaya said:
Which one did you purchase? I am considering an Andis.

It is a Jilbere, I bought the Jilbere flat iron and 1 inch curlers as well. I love all three products.

Victorian

old head
baglady215 said:
I bought an Andis. It came last week but I haven't used it yet. It got it on sale at Amazon for $30.00. I will let you ladies know how I like it when I try it out.

Amazon
I have this dryer. It's quiet and it really does dry your hair very quickly :yep: I have trouble with using a separate brush to straighten, so straightening was sort of a bust for me. That's just because I'm challenged, though :lol: I tried to use the comb thingy that comes with it but my hair was having none of that :ohwell: I do like the dryer though.

atlantatiffany

AnjelLuvsUBabe said:

thanks for talking about this dryer, because it is on sale right now and i was considering to buy it.

Dolapo

baglady215 said:

Amazon

so if i use this stuff, i wont need a flatiron? cos i was thinking of getting a solia but im scared to use flatirons. lol. and are the other black thingies diffusers?

baglady215

Dolapo said:
so if i use this stuff, i wont need a flatiron? cos i was thinking of getting a solia but im scared to use flatirons. lol. and are the other black thingies diffusers?

The other black things are concentrator nozzles. That's what they use at the Dominican shop to straighten the hair.

baglady215

I just used the blue Andis for the first time. I used Arosci leave in spray as my leave in. I sat under my soft bonnet dryer for 10 minutes to partially dry my hair. Then, I blew out my hair in 4 sections, using Kenra Silkening Serum. This thing does dry fast! Yes, my hair was partially dry, but not completely. It took a couple passes of the dryer to dry my hair all the way. I used the comb attachment and I used the WARM setting. HOT was really HOT! I will still need to use a flat iron. Maybe I wouldn't if I blowed my hair like a Dominican blowout, but like I said, I did it in 4 big sections. All in all, I'm happy with my new dryer, and you can't beat $30!

Avaya

baglady215 said:
I just used the blue Andis for the first time. I used Arosci leave in spray as my leave in. I sat under my soft bonnet dryer for 10 minutes to partially dry my hair. Then, I blew out my hair in 4 sections, using Kenra Silkening Serum. This thing does dry fast! Yes, my hair was partially dry, but not completely. It took a couple passes of the dryer to dry my hair all the way. I used the comb attachment and I used the WARM setting. HOT was really HOT! I will still need to use a flat iron. Maybe I wouldn't if I blowed my hair like a Dominican blowout, but like I said, I did it in 4 big sections. All in all, I'm happy with my new dryer, and you can't beat $30!

Thanks for the review. I think I will go ahead and make the purchase.