Castor Oil Challenge 2012 (June-December)

I have some JBCO but I'm almost out, do you ladies recommend another brand? I use it on my edges when I think about it, but isn't it too heavy to use on scalp if you wear your hair down? I don't wear protective styles because my edges aren't filled in and I don't like how I look. I'm going to start using on edges at night.

I have some JBCO but I'm almost out, do you ladies recommend another brand? I use it on my edges when I think about it, but isn't it too heavy to use on scalp if you wear your hair down? I don't wear protective styles because my edges aren't filled in and I don't like how I look. I'm going to start using on edges at night.

Prosperity711, Yep at the bolded. Unless you dont mind heavy looking, no body hair :look:.

For the past couple of weeks, I've coated my hands with my castor oil when I take down my twistouts in the morning. Any excess, I put on my edges and nape.

Prosperity711;16273663 if you find it too heavy, you can mix it with a lighter carrier oil like jojoba or almond oil.

I massaged jbco onto my scalp this morning. I'm seeing a little irritation on my edges, but not much.

I'm a month late into this challenge but please enter me.

I will be using generic CVS castor oil mixed with peppermint oil to my scalp and pure castor oil to seal my buns for the remainder of the summer and to my braids when I start wearing my 3/4 wigs again.

Once my bottle of the CVS castor oil is done; I'll start back up with my JBCO.

Here's my start photo.

image-1857846795.jpg

Last edited:
CurlsBazillion said:
Whats up checking in. I massaged my scalp in "layers" first coconut then emu and lastly castor. I don't know what prompted me to do it this way but I loved it. my hair and scalp soaks up coconut and emu oils like its nothing so after about an hour my hair wasn't oily by my standards.

What have been your results since using emu oil?

I've been applying jbco to my scalp and massaging it in for the past couple of weeks. So far, I've noticed that my hair is softer, and I am receiving less shed hair/breakage. I love it a lot!

I think I'm in this challenge--anyway, I love how soft castoroil leaves my hair, I massage my scalp and use any excess on my strands. Far too greasy to leave it in longer than overnight, so I wash it out the next day.

Hello ladies, I was wondering if its okay to use castor oil in the hair and scalp during pregnacy? I would think Yes but I want to double check. I didnt find much info through google. I know some people drink it to induce labor. TIA

Hello ladies, I was wondering if its okay to use castor oil in the hair and scalp during pregnacy? I would think Yes but I want to double check. I didnt find much info through google. I know some people drink it to induce labor. TIA

teysmith

I would say yes because castor oil has many uses and as long as you dont ingest it you should be ok. Ive never heard anyone say anything about castor oil being bad for pregnant women but if you start having trouble and you believe its the castor oil check with your doctor.

Back